Yesterday was such a busy and chaotic day. When you have kids it's a given how busy life will be at times, but it always is worth the running around to see how happy your child is.
We met this Saturday knowing by the time the day was over we would all want to just crawl in bed. Lexi was asked to play in a softball tournament, and needed to be in Springdale (about 20 minutes away) by 8:15. Darrell had to get to his work meeting at 8:00, but take Baylee with him since I would be taking Ashlee to her karate tournament in Fayetteville (30 minutes away). Carly had a birthday party to go to, and I had to ask the mom if I could drop her off an hour early for the party. There was just no way Darrell could get to his work meeting, and he also had to get the church ready for 3 baptisms at 10.
Lexi's coach picked her up at 7:45- we felt bad sending her to a tournament knowing neither of us could be there for a few hours. But she was excited to play. Darrell left with Bays a little before 8. I left a little before 9 to drop Carly off, then pick up another girl in Ashlee's karate class for the tournament.
Ashlee was understandably nervous for her tournament, more the sparring then Kata. When they divided into ages and ranks, I'll be honest and say my heart started pounding a little harder and faster- the two other white belts were HUGE! Knowing she would be sparring with them made me a little sick to my stomach.
Her Kata was performed perfectly- seriously... She didn't miss a thing. The other two kids were studying a different type of karate- their Kata's were short and only had 8-10 moves, Ashlee's was almost a minute long. As they handed out trophies they started with third place first, this picture shows Ashlee's face when she realized she got first place. Her little smile tells all!
She had to wait for all the other kids her age to do their Kata's then it was on to sparring. My hands were shaking, A LOT! They didn't have the AC on in the gym- so add the hot humid air to nerves- there was a whole lotta sweating going on! Ashlee sparred the girl first, and the girl got a point almost immediately by hitting Ashlee on the head. Ashlee realized with her being shorter the girl would just go for the easy shot, and Ashlee started blocking and punching at the same time. I had to re watch the video to appreciate how quick she was and how fast her mind worked on winning. She did take a few hits in the face, and shook them off. The girl then had to spar the boy, but he lost- so Ashlee had to spar the girl again. It was the same thing- going for the head first and getting a quick point. Ashlee fought hard the second time and won 5-3. She took a nasty punch to the nose though. Watching her walk and hold her trophy was comical because it is almost as tall as her!
Ashlee has amazed us with her ability to give 110% to everything she tries. She works very hard to learn her Kata's, stances, punches, blocks, kicks, and of course the Japanese terms.
Yay Ashlee!
Darrell picked Carly up from the birthday party and got her ready for her gymnastic meet. (she forgot her glasses at home during all the changing) Carly has loved taking gymnastics- and has improved so much! She is a giggly little girl who loves to socialize, but has really started learning some fun things in class. Ashlee and I were a few minutes late to the meet- so we missed her on beam. She loves the trampoline and all the jumps they get to do, then the little flips at the end. I took a lot more video of Carly then pictures- so there aren't many on here. She was so excited to get her medal and t-shirt!
Carly has worked really hard at becoming more flexible and keeping her legs straight. She loves to make everyone happy around her- such a sweet and silly girl!
Yay Carly!
Darrell took the kids home while I went out to Lexi's tournament. He was able to go for an hour while Carly was at the birthday party. Lexi's team was doing so well, but were so TIRED! I got there for their 4th game, and it showed. They won, and had a really hard game coming up. Game number 5 was rough. These girls they played were insanely talented! Our girls played hard, but in the end lost. They came in fourth place, and won a trophy. The girls all decided they wanted the trophy to go to their pitcher who was injured during that game. Like I said this other team was strong- they could hit anything and hit it hard and far. One girl got up to bat and our pitcher threw the ball- had just enough time to see the ball was coming at her face and turned. It hit in her in the back of the head and basically knocked her clear off her feet! I can't get the sound out of my head- it was the grossest sounding thunk I've ever heard! She was taken to the ER after making sure she didn't need an ambulance. Her dad took her the trophy and emailed a cute picture of her with it.
Lexi has worked so hard and absolutely LOVES softball! She has a great team and coaches- and continues to do very well. That kid can swing!!!
Yay Lexi!!













6 comments:
How do you do it?! Life is busy for us and honestly, we have just one child that is really participating in stuff (piano, dance, art etc...) How's it going to be when all of our little ones want to be involved?! You are amazing! I have so much to learn:)
I am totally exhausted reading that post! Wow! What a Saturday...a SUPER Saturday if I've ever heard of one. What's crazy to think is that once they hit high school, it'll probably be even more hectic!
The girls are looking so grown up!
BTW, saw your comments about your friend. My hubby teaches at Valley too. What subject does your friend teach?
Wow! look at all those trophies! So fun. Ashlee did so good taking that hit to the nose. Carly did great, and Lexi must be super woman to play that many games in a row.
Wow - what wonderful accomplishments! Great job Ashlee, Carly, and Lexi!
I have such amazing cousins! And of course, a wonderful aunt who sacrifices her time so her girls can be great. Thanks for your wonderful example, can't wait to see you in a few months! Love you!
Hope you and your family are doing ok. I have been thinking about you with all these crazy storms moving through your state.
Post a Comment