Sometimes life is hard! Some of my friends and family are going through some really hard things right now and I just wish I could do something to really, I mean REALLY help them through it. I would love to bear some of their pain, fear, heart ache- just so they don't have to carry so much.
I've been working on a gift for my mother- in- law for Christmas- it's not going how I planned, but I'm improvising and hope it turns out and gets to her on time. But while working on this gift I have been looking at so many pictures of my father- in- law, I wish I could have known him, even for just a little while.
He passed away a few months before Darrell and I met. I have been so emotional for the past few months while working on this- because I just wish I could have known him, wish my kids could have known him. He is such a great example of what repentance and changing your life is.
I know these two things don't really go together- but a quote that has been in my mind since finding out some sad things that my family and friend are going through- it has made me think of the quote:
"I Can Do Hard Things."
I'm sure my father- in- law also felt that the changes he was making in his life were hard- but he did it, and I know he was so blessed by doing hard things and making changes in his life.
I'm so thankful to belong to The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints! Some may think our religion is very restrictive, but I don't feel that way at all. I feel a lot of freedom and peace so when I have to do hard things, or watch my friend/ family endure hard things- I know we can all do it if we have the faith and patience to get through it.


2 comments:
I love that quote. I might have to steal it for my kids' bedrooms (mine too). We need that constant reminder in our house.
Did you do the movie for your mother-in-law?
What a great reminder during this time of the year. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Post a Comment