I stole this picture from a friends blog- thank you Josie!
We are suppose to get quite a storm over the next two days- I just hope our power stays on! The freezing rain is on it's way, they say we should get about a half inch of ice on the ground. Then comes the snow on top of that. We have food, we have a great neighbor with a generator who is willing to share, we have lot's of board games, lot's of card games, lot's of blankets, hmmmm- maybe this will be fun!
I worry every time we get one of these storms- they are really scary. Some people are not as blessed to have homes that are warm, a job that lets them stay home, blankets, food.... I hope this storm isn't as bad as they say it will be!
In America...?
5 months ago

7 comments:
haha! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's nervous!
Good luck. And good for you for being prepared. I'll be thinking of you!
Eeek. Crazy. Seriously. Make sure you keep us posted. And, yes...lets really meet. That would be fun. Marcus is not leaving Monday anymore, yay. We are prob going the week of the 15th to check things out and he will stay and start work then and I will fly home.... SOOO... Whew. Hang in there! Stay warm!!
Oh the ice storms. I'm flying into OK on Monday. I hope it's a lot better by then. Our record was three days without power during the ice storm in 12/07. I hope you sail through this one with heat intact.
Good luck!! I think the worst for me would be the lack of electricity- getting stuck at home would be managable, but no power would get crazy!! We are just so used to living our electricity filled lives!! Good luck with it all!!!!
Yikes that's a scary looking radar picture - hope all goes well for you!! Hope you have lots of flashlights and batteries too!!
Yikes! Do you have a fireplace? I hope you keep your power to stay warm, but staying in for a while would be fun:)
Post a Comment