Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break 2010

We had so much fun for Spring Break! It started with SIX inches of snow, but at least it melted the next day. The girls were not excited to see the snow, I'll be honest, I wasn't either! With snow comes lot's of clothes changing, lot's of laundry, and lot's of wet shoes. But like I said, it melted very quickly so the girls were all able to play outside riding bikes, playing basketball, and jumping on the trampoline.
Our big fun was starting on Thursday with a trip for the weekend up to Branson. Unfortunately Ashlee started throwing up Wednesday night at 11:00 until around 7:30 Thursday morning. With the other girls this bug only lasted about 12 hours, then a good nap and they were fine. Ashlee couldn't fall asleep because she was so anxious about the drive, so we finally just packed up the car and figured she'd sleep on the way. With all the crazy roads I expected her to feel kind of funny so I gave her nausea medicine- bad move! It triggered her to throw up- why do they make all anti nausea medication cherry red?! I gave her a bag to throw up in, it had a hole and got all over her pillow, so I gave her another bag- can you believe it had a hole too?! What are the odds?! Finally the third bag was hole free, and we pulled over and got things cleaned up, and her situated.
We got to our hotel and were so excited to finally be there and of course do a quick load of laundry. Ashlee just couldn't re coop- she was MISERABLE! I kept thinking she'd snap out of it, so we ran to Wal- Mart to get food for the condo, and then met up with some friends and a REALLY fun diner! Ashlee was in tears and had to keep running to the bathroom thinking she was going to throw up, so it was NOT really fun to her, but the rest of us had lot's of fun.
Friday morning brought lot's of smiles and good feeling stomachs!:) We went to Silver Dollar City and saw a whole LOT of friends from our ward. I decided I was not feeling brave enough to go on the same rides I did last time. My goal is to keep doing those rides that scared me to death, and add a new one each year. Hopefully I can do it!

I forgot to mention that with no sleep behind us Wed night we were very much looking forward to a good nights sleep Thursday night, but Baylee had other plans. She did NOT want to sleep in her pack and play, so she SCREAMED until around 2 am. Darrell brought her stroller in and strapped her in and pushed her around the condo- yep all the other kids were awake (and probably everyone in the surrounding condo's too!).

I would like you to notice a few things in this picture. If you look how she is holding her pacifier, this is anew trick she learned. When you are rocking her to sleep and she feels herself dosing, she pulls her binky out just like this and chucks it as far as she can! Another thing, notice how her flower is not where it should be? She has started pulling them out of her hair... time for pony tails I guess! She also learned an awful scream/ yell that makes us all want to plug our ears- oh what a long night we had with her! Luckily she's so cute and normally an easy going baby, that it just made us appreciate how well she behaves normally.
Saturday we saw the Acrobats From China- Shanghai Circus.
We all loved it! Carly now does all kinds of crazy poses because she wants to learn how to fold herself up like they do. She also made me laugh through the whole show because she loved all the costumes and each new costume would bring all kinds of comments from Carly on how cute, beautiful, sparkly, and how well they matched.
After the show we did a little shopping and were in the weirdest rain storm. As we were walking the clouds were moving the same pace we were, half of the mall was under a pretty good rain storm while the other half was in sunlight. I got a quick picture of the double rainbow.
We had so much fun just spending time together as a family. We love to do things with friends, but sometimes it's good just to have time with our own individual family to make the memories and create stronger bonds with each other.
Here is the lake our condo was next to, next time we want our room to face it instead of the parking lot!:)

7 comments:

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Fun! I think it's fun to travel by yourself too. It helps those bonds.

kelgrandy said...

Welcome back. Sorry your Spring Break involved so much throwing up! I'm glad that everyone recovered and your trip ended up being (mostly) fun after all.

Lish Fish said...

Fun stuff. :) I am glad you got to do something fun for spring break...snow, pukes and all. :)

. said...

Looks beautiful. It's great to hear people are feeling better, those bugs can be pretty nasty!

i said...

you've been busy!!!

thecustercrew said...

Sounds like fun. It is always nice to get away.

The Wiser Side said...

oh no! Well at least it all turned out happy in the end-but not so much fun at the beginning-poor Ashlee. So not fun having little ones not sleep when you are on vacation-and they keep everyone else up.