I promised Baylee when she was potty trained she could get her ears pierced. We went today and I thought she would be so excited. She was excited until I mentioned it would hurt for a minute. They luckily had another lady there so they did both ears at the same time. Oh. my. goodness. did she scream!! She cried forever and ever and ever! We went and got her cookie after, I was hoping that would be the cure all. Nope- she cried all the way out to the car, all the way home, and then cried to her Daddy who was home for lunch.
I gave her another treat, lunch, and Motrin- yes in that order. She was still crying on and off- goodness little drama queen! I gave in and let her watch a Max and Ruby show- then I couldn't take anymore of the crying. It was well past nap time anyway. I read her a story, she laid down right on her ear and then started screaming again. I showed her to lay on her back- and she was out in 30 seconds.
After her nap she woke up so happy about her ears- but still reminding everyone not to touch them. Hopefully the cleaning part won't be too bad since they don't seem to be bugging her quite as bad.
I feel bad as a reward she got hurt- I didn't really think that through. I just said what I thought would work to get her out of diapers. So anyone thinking of following my example- don't- it was quite pitiful! I should have just done it when she asked instead of bribing her.
Eh- we live and learn I suppose!!

1 comments:
Love it! I can't believe how long her hair is. She and Emily are definitely spirit twins!
In the end, she'll only remember the good part of getting her ears pierced...all the cute earrings that are out there!
:)
Post a Comment