Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting it Together

It's a New Year. I know it's been a new year for a few weeks- but I'm always behind on the blog it seems. For our Family Home Evening on January 2 we made some family goals.
Some of you who know us well know we are usually about 10-15 minutes late for church every Sunday. Not anymore. It's 99% usually my fault we are late- and I'm not going to let us be late anymore. I'm happy to say we've been on time since we've made the goal, and will continue to do it.

We also made a goal to write my nephew Trevor Taylor, who is in Brazil for his mission. And his sister- my niece Sydnee Taylor, who is Denmark for her mission. Both of them are in the MTC for a little bit longer. Our goal is to write them once a month- more if we are on top of things. These two kids have a special place in my heart- I stayed with their family many summers when they were little babies. I love that they are setting such a great example to my girls of putting the Lord first.

We as a family are also going to finish the Book of Mormon this year. 2012 is the year- we've been trying and then restart each year- but we are going to do it!! The girls all take turns reading- even Baylee. Some nights it's painfully slow, but it's been great! We have had a few funny discussions though- when the question comes up of what are whoredoms?

We have a few other goals set- and are so excited for the changes that we will be making for the better in our home.
Something else I need to be better about is this blog... It just keeps getting pushed to the end of the priority list. Darrell bought me a new camera for Christmas- i need to quit being scared to use it and capture more moments of our family life- good or bad.:) I'm hoping to update at least twice a month with things each of the girls and Darrell and I have been up to.

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Way to go Alissa! Being to church on time is one of our goals too. Have fun with that new camera.

. said...

Love the goals for the year...you inspired me!

The Wiser Side said...

You're too hard on yourself-I think you are way up to date on your blog! :o) Good luck on the goals