One of the highlights of turning 12 to Lexi was being old enough to go to Girl's Camp.
I was so glad so many of my good friends were up there to text me pictures of her and tell me how she was doing. How was she doing you wonder?? She LOVED it! She said she was a little sad the first night there and was worried she would cry since she cried a little the night before- but she didn't. She was able to tent with some of her favorite friends.
Lexi and Ashley Bingham have been sweet friends since we moved here, even though Ashley is 2 years older then her. Our Ward let the girls request a few girls they would love to share a tent with and were allowed to say if there was someone they absolutely didn't want to share with. Lexi was so happy to find out some of the older girls requested her. As a mom it makes me feel better because sometimes I wonder if they are just being courteous letting her hang out with them.
Her other tent buddies were Whitney and Hannah. They all got along well, and only had one grouchy moment when Lexi was apparently half asleep and a few other girls came in their tent screaming about a bug. She yelled at them- and told them they were being too loud. They found out Lexi likes her sleep!:)
Our Ward was the Fireflies, and the girls wrote their own skit and made it kind of a spoof from Hunger Games. Lexi and Emma were Bad Ladybugs.
I am so thankful for the Youth Program. As Lexi was getting closer to turning 12 I was getting more and more nervous. I was blessed to grow up in a great Ward- sure we had a few crazies but for the most part normal. I wanted Lexi to be able to go into this program with strong Leaders to help her and lead her when she gets to the rough teenage years. It was in my prayers for months, and the Lord truly blessed us. Our Young Women's Presidency and Advisers are incredible. The girls in the program are so sweet and are GOOD girls. They are kind to each other- they care and respect each other. They are great examples to my daughter on how she can be. This kids all need each other. This world gets scarier and crazier constantly. They need support and strength from each other. I love that Lexi has this- and Ashlee, Carly, and Baylee will when they turn 12.
We missed Lexi while she was gone. I dropped her off and found myself very emotional through out that first day. It was selfish of me- but I wanted to see her experience camp- I wanted to watch her get up with the sunrise and actually be happy about it- I wanted to hear her share her sweet testimony. But I realized after a few tears- I didn't need to be there to witness all these things. Lexi is growing up and I have to let her have her wings a little at a time. And she must know me really well because once she got a good long nap she told me all the things I was dying to hear with out me even asking.:)
So many girls and leaders complimented Darrell and I on how well Lexi did at camp and how much fun she was. Her award from camp was something about being the newest and bubbliest camper.
We are glad you are home Lexi- and so glad you LOVED it!!

1 comments:
Sounds like she had a great time!
I always worry about Taylor and how she fits in with our ward's YW program. I pray about it alot too. It's so hard to watch our kids grow up and experience those awkward teen years!!
Post a Comment