Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Lone Wife



I hate when Darrell travels! He's in Dallas this week, and I can't wait for him to get home! Tonight was our dinner swap- I hate making the meals, but I love getting the new ones. I made Sweet and Sour Chicken- yum!
I'm gearing up for all the after school activities starting this week. The girl's want to do tumbling again, so we have that and swim lessons. I have decided to be brave and learn how to swim. My classes are right after the girl's. I have never been comfortable in the water, and I need to learn how to stay floating for longer then a few seconds! Lexi and Ashlee are thrilled that I'm taking a class. Many times they have tried to teach me how to swim! I will never forget Darrell telling me he could teach me right after we were married. He was holding me like you would hold a toddler, you know across your forearms and was telling me to kick and move my arms. After a few minutes he stopped and told me I was right- I'm lacking some serious coordination! It was hilarious- I almost wish someone had a camera- almost! If I have to swim through hula hoops like Lexi and Ashlee did, I hope they have some pretty big ones!
Carly gets to start her Mommy and Me classes tomorrow and can't wait. I love being able to do these classes with her. Since Lexi and Ashlee were so close in age, and we were dirt poor I never got to do these with them.
My biggest project I'm working on this week is figure out where to find a cheap, but nice digital camera. I don't want to spend a lot on it - when we get our bonus we'll get a nice one. But I am so tired of the disposable cameras- I never remember to take them in to be developed. The lady that was fired from the dude ranch says she mailed us our camera, but we haven't ever received it. It's so depressing- all our pictures are gone off of the memory stick too. I hate dishonest people! Who knows though, maybe she did actually mail it and it got lost, but I seriously doubt it.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Not to make fun of you or anything, but I can't believe you can't swim!! Good for you for taking classes...

Darrell and Alissa said...

I know it's sad I can't swim- the sadder part is I doubt I'm going to be able to even after these classes- I have a serious coordination problem!

Castiel Moyes said...

I didn't know you couldn't swim! I now understand why you were so nervous around the pool with your girls! I think that is SO cool that you are taking lessons. Do you get to do them by yourself or do you have to do them with other people......or worse other kids?

Heidi said...

I'd pay good money to see video of you swimming thru hula hoops--ha ha!! But it's very brave of you to take lessons.
As far as a cheap but dependable digital camera: have you checked your local Walmart?

Rich and Jenny said...

Hey! I want pictures of Alissa's swimming lessons (that is for Darrell - not you Alissa). And I want more recipes from your swap - the first ones were a hit!

Anonymous said...

I want to know what this dinner swap is all about and also that is so funny that you didn't know how to swim. Congrats for taking lessons.