Today was a busy day. I told Lexi and Ashlee they had to get up extra early if they wanted some heart hair do's- they did, so our morning was early and filled with a lot of water, hair gel, and hair spray. They were almost late for school since the hair process was so long!
Lexi's was hard for me because her hair is so thick and heavy, her hearts didn't stay in the shape all that well- but at least I tried.


Ashlee wanted a different style, but does not like to have her hair pulled tight or really wet- my kids get one warning with whining or complaining or they can do their own hair- it solves the problem and they stop very quickly. I don't know what I'm going to do the day they say fine, they want to do it!
By the time I got to Carly's hair, I felt like I was getting the hang of the heart thing- it's really cute! The specks in her hair are sparkles- they just don't show on the camera very well.
Her friend Bryn came with basically the same hair do, but her mom remembered the little bow- so cute!
When Anna came she realized she was the only one with out a heart in her hair- we took care of that very quickly.
Bryn commented on how beautiful they all looked. Carly had her play group here so we did a party for Valentine's Day. They were all so cute playing Bingo, decorating and eating cookies, decorating their bags. But the funnest to all of them I think was when they each got to pass out their cards and treats to each other. There is something so grown up about all of them all of a sudden- they all could figure out who each card was for, and listening to each of them say thank you when they got their card- it was really sweet. They all were being silly so we took pictures- aren't they a cute bunch of kids?!
Luke and Noah are such good little boys- Luke wanted a heart in his hair in the beginning, but then realized boys don't like that. Noah was pretending to be sleeping or would hide anytime we said his name- I love this picture of him pretending to sleep at the table!
After playgroup Carly and I went to the school parties for Lexi and Ashlee. I wasn't going to go this year, but when I told the girls I wasn't coming they both got really sad. My guilt kicked in and I went. But really all I do is stand there, while the kids play games and have fun. I didn't think they really care if I'm there or not- sometimes I wonder if it's having Carly there that they love.
l
I don't really know what we will do tomorrow, Darrell and I decided we are not spending money right now. He'll buy the girls their roses he get's them every year- and we have a gift certificate for dinner. My friend gave me the best idea for a gift for him. She said she was cleaning her bedroom for her husband and light bulbs went on! My room is always a MESS! It's the room everything get's thrown in when someone is coming, the room that everyone puts things when they don't know where it goes.... But it will be clean for Darrell and I know it will completely surprise him!
Darrell and Lexi are at a Daddy Daughter Sweetheart dance tonight. Lexi was so excited! I hate that she is growing up so fast, but love it at the same time! She is such a great kid- so easy going, helpful, and OBEDIENT! I am so thankful for that!











10 comments:
The girls hair is so cute. It looks like so much fun. What a great idea about your room. My room always seems to be the worst one in the house. It is the one room where everything gets thrown in to take care of later. I would never let my kids get away with letting their rooms look like mine. Talk about your double standard. It is my new goal to keep my room clean. I've been working on it. I got my room, the retreat, and the closet done now I just have to do the bathroom:)
The girls hair is so cute! You are very talented with the hair. I wish my girls would let me do their hair. Be grateful for that for now. It won't be long when they decide they are too old for that.
What a cute idea, that is so cute. makes me wish for girls, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They are so cute! What a great mom!
Wow, their hair is so cute!
I am totally impressed you did all that hair!! I love it. Did Marissa's with the ribbon and while way cute, doesn't stay in...so good job with the braids!!
I love the bedroom idea. It seems like it is always the last room to get done. Great idea!!
What fun pictures of the kids at playgroup. They are so silly! I think it is so sweet that Lexi and Darryl went to a dance together. They look really cute.
Wow, those were pretty cool hair-dos! I am not creative when it comes to things like that, and I have a girl now. Great. I'm screwed.
Soooo cute. I wish I had the patience for that.
LOVE the hearts in their hair!! I am going to have to try that on Bug. Glad they all had fun!
Super Cute Girly Hair Do's! You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment