Today we promised the kids we'd find a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins after church tomorrow. All three were so excited, and finally we were ready to go. We had general directions to one we had heard good things about. After an hour of searching we decided our directions were a little too general, and settled on going to the little one by our house. We turned around, and told the kids the plans, they didn't really care as long as we found some big pumpkins. We got there, and the gates were closed and locked! Who closes a pumpkin patch on a Saturday afternoon?! The only place that was left was Carly's favorite place. I turned around and told the kids we couldn't find any pumpkin patches, and Carly reminded me, "Wal- Mart Patch has some big ones!"
I laughed and said that's where we are going. Darrell wouldn't let me take many pictures since it was a little funny that we're in the front of Wal- Mart, but we at least got the pumpkins- and of course at a low price!

5 comments:
Now that's my kind of pumpkin patch!! No overpriced rides!
Alissa, we ended up doing the same thing on Saturday. We stopped at one patch and they wanted $10-$12 for one pumpkin... we then headed straight for Wal-Mart and paid $2.38... no matter what size!
That is so funny. I am sure you saved some money that is for sure!
Okay- I am so with you on Walmart pumpkins. We are so cheap that we go to the pumpkin patch to take pictures but don't buy anything. Then we pick them up at Walmart when we're there.
Don't worry! We do the same thing. I too, went to a pumpkin patch here and spent 17.00 on three LITTLE ones!
Post a Comment