I was tagged by Aubrey to do a Recipe Exchange. You know how you get those emails that say forward to the next person on the list and you'll get like 30 new recipe's in a few weeks- well I don't think anyone has ever had the fortune of getting the 30. So My friend decided to do it this way, I post 3 recipe's and then I tag a few other's to post on their blog- so we can all reap the benefits of new dinner's!
I've talked a lot about my frozen dinner swap, so here's some of my favorite recipe's I gotten from that. They are quick, easy, freezable, and very kid friendly!
Sweet and Sour Pork
Serves 6-8
2 lb. Lean shoulder pork, cut in strips
(approx. 2" long & ½" wide)
½ C. water
4 Tbl. Oil
1/4 C. vinegar
1 C. pineapple juice
1 C. water
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. Soy sauce
4 Tbl. Cornstarch
½ C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. green pepper strips
1/2 C. thinly sliced onion
1 large can pineapple- crushed or tidbits
Brown pork in oil, add 1/2 C. water, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
Combine cornstarch, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, and soy sauce, mix.
Cook until slightly thick; stir constantly.
Pour sauce over hot pork; let stand at least 10 minutes.
Add vegetables and fruit and cook 3 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Crock Pot Cheesy Ravioli
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1-2 packages frozen cheese (or beef) ravioli
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Place 1 cup of sauce mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Layer 1 package Ravioli, 1 cup cheese, 1 cup sauce. Repeat 1 package ravioli, 1 cup cheese. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours, or until ravioli are tender (2-3 hours if ravioli is thawed).
Chicken Pot Pie
I use the Pillsbury pie crusts that are rolled up and you put in the pan on top and bottom (I find them the best). All you have to do is cut up some chicken breast into squares and cook those and season. Then you just add all of the frozen veggies that you want -- (I do peas, carrots, corn, cubed hash browns). If I have a little more time, I will put real carrots, celery and onions, and you just have to cook them a little bit separate to get them done more (but the frozen veggies are easier for sure). Then you mix it all together and use cream of chicken soup with it. Depending how many veggies I put depends on how many soups, but if just making one, it usually just uses one can. You then just put the bottom crust into a pan and put the mixture in there, then put the top on. Then I cook at 400 until golden brown and bubbling inside. Which is usually about 30-45 minutes. It is real easy!! (for seasoning, I use salt, pepper, garlic salt & sage)
I am now tagging:
Jennie Z.
Jill Johnson
Heidi Dixon
Amy Bench
Tanya Elzinga
Jessica Moyes
Elisha Fish
If I didn't tag you, and you are offended, I'm so sorry. But I can't tag everyone, and I'll surprise you with a tag another time!! By the way, if you don't have these new recipe's on your blog in the next 3 days then you'll have 45 million years of bad luck, fungus growing on your face and toes, and MAJOR hair loss! ;)

4 comments:
You are hilarious! I'd better get looking through my recipes. And by the way, just today, Kade asked me when you were going to come by and hold him...he's not getting any younger you know! :)
Yummy, Yummy, those sound really good!
Oohh, yea thanks for sharing those recipes, they sound yummo!! I will quickly find 3 recipes and post them today!!
I would hate to have fungus growing on my face so I guess I'll break down and participate.
Jennie
Post a Comment