Monday, October 15, 2007

Wal- Mart Toy Event
























Wal- Mart had a big toy event at the home office this weekend, to show all the new toys for 2008. My kids were really excited to go since we've been told they give out all kinds of great things. I had to stop at the pharmacy to get all of Ashlee's new prescriptions- uggg $150 dollars later we left to the home office.
We got to see all the new Barbie Princess Island toys, Pet shop toys, Dora/ Diego toys, Backyardigan toys, Cheetah Girls, Hannah Montana, but the favorite was the new Baby Alive. I didn't take pictures because honestly it was nasty! What ever you feed the baby it comes out in the diaper- they thought it was great to change the diapers and feed them real food. I wanted to throw up- it looked too real for my liking. Ashlee and Carly are now begging for one from Santa- the rule is they can ask Santa for what kind of baby they want and 2 specific toys. I don't know how I'm going to break it to them that these dolls are not going to be on Santa's list, first of all they are $60 a piece, second of all they will be way to messy, and third I don't want to have to keep buying all the food to make her such a cool doll.
They had a few character's there to take pictures with the kids- Carly couldn't wait to see Diego and Uniqua!(sp?) Lexi and Ashlee are getting to where Christmas is going to become a lot more expensive I'm realizing. How do you tell them they can't choose really expensive gifts for Santa to bring- Darrell and I should have thought this through before we made this rule 5 years ago!
So when we finally left the toy event the kids each had a HUGE bag with some fun little things. I felt kind of bad- since it took so long at the pharmacy we missed out on the Ariel singing necklaces, and the Diego watches, but they did get their own box of Barbie cereal- not the little ones either. They were so excited to eat it, but when they tasted it they were a little depressed that it didn't taste as good as the box made it look.

6 comments:

Bench Family said...

It sounds like we completely missed out on such a fun thing! I guess there are a few bonuses to living in Bentonville... right?!?

Heidi said...

Fun perks of being a Walmart employee!! What a sweet picture of Carly hugging Uniqua. Unfortunately Christmas does seem to be more expensive as they grow older. And that's funny about the cereal---my kids always want to try the "character" cereals, but everytime they taste gross, so we don't buy them anymore!

Castiel Moyes said...

I have to admit that Josey got the Baby Alive last year for Christmas. I will tell you that it is by FAR her favorite toy she got and she still plays with it.....if I would EVER buy more food and diapers for it. That is the down side and I would say DO NOT buy it! It is like having a real baby and it was making me stressed. I felt like I had to feed it! Then you have to keep buying food and diapers for it like it is a real baby! like we don't have enough things to buy for the humans in the family! Don't buy the Baby Alive! I hear you on Christmas getting more expensive now too. Unfortunately for us we have a lot less money for Christmas this year so it should be intersting.

Jill Johnson said...

Try having an 11 year old who wants a drum set for Christmas!!! Uggg

Jennie Z said...

Sounds like Walmart really knows how to treat it's employees. I guess you have to have something to do for fun in Arkansas. After reading your doll dilema, I am glad my kids are still young enough that I have total control over Christmas. I know that won't last long. I have been having fun trying to figure out which doll to get Kate for Christmas. She'll be happy with anyone she can play Ring around the Rosie with. Your girls are looking so grown up. Carly is so big. She looks like she's ready to be three!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I am sitting here with Michelle Hilton and she says to say Hello.