The past few days Carly has been telling me constantly that she loves me, and I tell her I love her back. She is such a sweet little girl, but she also has a not so sweet side. I have learned a new trick that works really well for the not so sweet sides- vinegar! Everyone says don't put pepper in kids mouths for bad talk, or it could suffocate them, don't use soap since it has poison, don't use Tabasco since it can really burn their mouth. Well guess what?! Vinegar does none of that! It's edible but tastes HORRIBLE! So as you can imagine it works quite well! Carly was being her not so sweet self and after a few warnings had to get vinegar. The first few times giving to any of my kids they won't open their mouth so I dip my finger in the bottle and rub in in their mouths- yes against their will! Carly had her vinegar- with out a fight because she knew she was in BIG trouble. When we finished and she got a drink to rinse her mouth we went and sat down. She looked up at me with her bottom lip trembling and asked, "MMMMommmm.... do you still love me?" It almost broke my heart- almost! I gave her a big hug and told her I always love her, even if she makes a not so good choice. That seemed to be all she needed because then she was off on her way. Life would be so much more quiet, and calm with out these crazy kids around- but I would NEVER trade any of the crazy moments for a quiet home without kids- it's way to rewarding to have them! I could do a few more quiet moments though!

In America...?
5 months ago

7 comments:
Vinegar is a great idea...Even during the rough times it's nice to feel the love!
Look at those eyes! Break my heart! Good idea though...
I tried the vinegar, Aaron hated it! He has not been talking so mean though. Thanks for the tip.
Thanks for the tip! I've never thought of using vinegar. I sometimes tell my kids if nothing sweet comes out of their mouths, nothing sweet goes in (meaning no desserts, candy, etc.) that usually works for them since my older two think dessert is the 4th meal of the day and ask for it immediately after finishing dinner!
What a sad face!! Nice tactic. I might switch from Angela's tabasco tip.
Hi there. I'm julie's friend and happened onto your blog. I laughed at this post. Man, kids just drive you to it don't they? My sister used to have a cat that always peed on baskets of clean laundry and so she would put cayenne pepper sauce on her tongue. You reminded me of that bad, bad cat we had.
Oh, what a sweet little face! But, again, sometimes you do what you have to do, right?! At least the vinegar made it's point :)
Post a Comment