Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Best Egret Ever!


Ashlee had her 2nd grade play last week- it was so cute! Ashlee was chosen to be an egret- some type of bird that looks like a heron. She learned all her speaking parts on her own- well because her slacker of a Mom forgot to work on them with her!! But if you know Ashlee, you also know she likes to do things on her own. The play was about a little frog who was trying to figure out where she fit into the pond life- and also about listening to your parents. I wish I would have recorded the song about that- it was great!

Ashlee and her pond friends

The egrets, Ashlee is the one on the far right.

In these 2 video clips are Ashlee and her egret friends. The first video if you look close at the 3 egrets you'll see them spinning and looking so cute with their little wings and getting really into it- except one. Yep- that's my Ash! She liked to flap her wings because that's what the music teacher said to do- not spin! She is very obedient!! Darrell was trying to tell her to flap more and do some spinning since he saw the earlier show of it- but she reminded him that she was doing what her teacher said. We have to just shake our heads and laugh! The next video is her lines, can you tell which one is her with her husky voice?! I love that little voice! We were so proud of her up on that stage- there was a lot of people there! Great job Ash!!

4 comments:

i said...

i just LOVE school plays. i have such great memories of plays i was in as a child! good job to those who put it on. it's a lot of work! and good job memorizing your lines ashley.

Stacey said...

I love school plays and musicals too. The kids are always so cute! Way to go Ashlee! She's the cutest little Egret I've ever seen! :)

Hubby 1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What fun! Our son's Christmas play is coming up. I can't wait!

We did hear from the WM recruiter yesterday only to hear her say she hadn't heard from them yet but that he was still in the running. Thanks for letting me know that SLOW seems to be their middle name. I'll keep you posted. We will either be moving to Arkansas or Louisiana. I'd rather move to AR!!! LOL

Have a great week!

Sorry posted under my husband's ID earlier...OOPS!