Lexi and Ashlee have been playing in the softball tournaments the past few weeks. I'll be honest- I was secretly hoping they would lose fast so we could have our summer nights back, but both of their teams kept winning!
Ashlee's team, Crush, was a really young team. She was the only one who had played machine pitch before, the rest had just moved up from T- ball. We were surprised how well they did through the tournaments- they picked up a lot of skills and learned how to work together. They ended up placing 5th out of twelve teams. Ashlee loved playing pitcher, and 1st base, but she always wanted to play outfield. Her team was winning by quite a bit, so the coaches moved the kids with more experience to outfield and the younger ones up to infield. She was so excited to have a turn out there. I think she realized fast how boring it can be at times though. Through the softball season it's funny to hear a lot of the parents refer to Ashlee as Smash- they thought we started calling her that because of how well she does. I told them that has been one of her nicknames since she was VERY little. It fits her personality though.
Here are a few pictures of her through the tournaments.
Great Job Smash!! We love you!!
Lexi's team, Rockstars, ended up taking 2nd place in the tournaments! They were a first year kid pitch team, and it is unheard of for them to come that far in tournaments! They did incredible! Lexi usually played 3rd base, and had lot's of fun. They had to learn to really judge if a pitch is a strike or a ball, and learning to judge on when to steal a base or not.
These last two pictures are my favorite because it's so funny to watch the runner and catcher eye each other while one is trying to steal. The back up from the runner is my favorite, and sometimes the catcher will follow them to make sure. Lexi's back pedaling in the pictures below, but on the next hit she was able to get home.
I wasn't able to get pictures of her at the trophy ceremony, I'll post them when I get them. It was a double header that night and Baylee does not sit well through one game, let alone two. I left and Darrell stayed, but the camera was in the diaper bag.
Great Job Lex!! We love you!
Carly had lot's of fun playing with all the siblings at the games. She also found the camera and took a few pictures- here is her perspective of softball games.















1 comments:
Great job Girls!!
Post a Comment