Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Huge Snow Storm!

We had a couple big snow storms. I left for Las Vegas with ice and snow all over the ground and when I came back there was TWENTY inches of snow that had fallen the day before. I thought Darrell was teasing me when he texted me in Vegas about the snow, until he sent pictures. In three hours it had snowed over 14 inches- it was past his knees! The snow kept coming and finally tapered off later that afternoon.
Here are some picture's my friend Aubrey took of the kids at her house.






The girl's were outside for HOURS building new igloo's. My friend Aubrey went through gallons and gallons of hot chocolate while the kids worked in her yard. When they would come in and take off their clothes, their pants were frozen and would stand up on their own- they were solid ice!
The kids ended up missing 2 weeks of school with all the snow days- I'm glad there was enough snow to keep them busy and happy! This is the igloo they made with two entrances- we all thought it was pretty impressive!
For some reason I can not upload any of the pictures we took. Our swings on the swing set were covered to where you could barely see the top. Our AC unites were buried under the snow and you could only see the top inch of them. Some drifts were four feet deep in our yard! Carly could not walk through the snow with out someone going before her to make a path she could go through- her legs weren't long enough to get above the snow to make her own path.
I've never seen that much snow here- or heard of it falling that quickly here, and honestly I hope it never does again unless our city invest in some snow equipment!!

0 comments: