Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Light Up the Square

Friday night we went to the Bentonville Square Light Up Ceremony. The kids had a great time looking at the lights and walking around the Square. It is literally a square- a rather small one. If you look close at the pictures you can see just how small the Town Square is. It's comical- but really is fun. It took us about 15 minutes to see everything- that includes walking from the car and around the Square!





The girl's kept talking about how many lights there were and were shocked that there could be so many lights- they obviously don't remember Temple Square! But it was a fun thing to get us in the Christmas spirit. They had a band playing Christmas carols while you walked around and I am so excited to hear Christmas music somewhere besides my car. I always start listening to Christmas music November 1-
Darrell thinks I'm crazy!
We have started the process of setting up the tree and decorating- it's my absolute favorite thing. Darrell has never wanted to do it before Thanksgiving, so I think I'm rubbing off on him! I finally have a house with a banister I can decorate with garland- and doing that almost made me cry- I need help- I know! We are also getting excited for the traditional Friday early morning shopping. We have done this together since Ashlee was born. Jill says Aaron will stand in line for socks- so will Darrell- this is the ONLY time he will deal with crowds! Thanksgiving will be with out family- which really stinks! We are eating with a family in our Ward, so neither of us have to be alone.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I LOVE garlands wrapped around a banister....I would cry too! Not to mention stockings hung above a fireplace! I bet your house will be so much fun to decorate. You should show us pictures when you're finished.
Do you take your kids shopping? I guess I'm a little weird, but to me no present is worth waking up that early and fighting crowds!!

Jennie Z said...

Sounds like you are getting a jump on Holiday decorating. I am holding back waiting until Friday to start. I will probably be crying when I decorate too. Not because I'm hanging garland on a banister, but because I'll have nowhere to put anything in our apartment!