I am so ready for Spring to be here. Normally I love Winter and want it to stay forever, but I am so tired of snow days and knowing my kids have to make these days up at the end of the year! This weeks weather is once again CRAZY! We had 70's over the weekend, we played outside, BBQ ed, and took walks. Monday it went from 60 to 30 in a matter of hours. Then of course we had snow that night. The perks of snow days? Sleeping in, don't have to get everyone ready to walk out the door by 7:00. The down falls of snow day? Kids waking up early wanting to go outside immediately to play, way too much energy, and having 5 kids to entertain all day!





I survived though! Caleb and Chase had their first time playing the snow. Caleb loved playing and the snowball fights. Chase did not like how cold his hands got- he wouldn't keep his gloves on, and he didn't understand how cold it was. I was talking with neighbors and noticed Chase kept going in the garage getting out different bikes to ride, and then I noticed he only had one shoe on! I ran over and sure enough- his sock was soaked- who knows how long he had been with out his shoe!


Lexi, Ashlee, and Carly played with the neighbor kids and LOVE LOVE LOVE snowball fights. Somehow I have convinced my kids it's not appropriate to throw snowballs at mothers- and they listened!
I think this week all the kids realized these changes are not for a quick amount of time. Numerous times I had a crying child needing a hug, and I know it's all the transitions. I can't wait for all the adjustments to be over. Carly and Chase are doing better- sometimes. Caleb, Lexi, and Ashlee play great together, but they all need their own attention and it's hard to divide and share myself to make sure they all know they are loved. I know I was giving extra attention to the boys for the first little while, but they really needed it, and now I need to learn to share my time between 5. How do you, who have so many kids do it? My sister gave me a few pointers and I tried them out today- it did make me feel like I accomplished something. She told me to do 3 loads of laundry a day, and pick one room to REALLY clean. I have just switched my 3rd load, and have actually cleaned all bathrooms and 2 other rooms! I feel GREAT! I have felt like the laundry was completely out of control, and the house just always seemed a mess. Today I feel much better and have realized I need to take one task at a time- not try and do 50 in a few minutes. One day I'll get it down!!

6 comments:
What crazy weather Arkansas has!!
Sounds like you got a system going with the 3 loads of laundry and 1 room at a time -- I may have to try that!
Now I'm jelous. I love the snow I can't believe its so close to spring and you guys have snow!
Talk about amazing, you take the cake! Hang in there - I'm sure it will get easier soon!
The snow looks like so much fun to all of us out here in sunnyville. As far as 5 kids, definately do 3 loads of laundry a day. Maybe you can talk Darrell into getting you a big front loader. In ours we do 2 a day and it seems to be ok until we do sheets, that is a whole day process. With this new baby coming I will have to quit my job just to keep up with the laundry. Get the kids to help you clean. Tanner and Wes are my swiffers and clorox wipers. I only clean one floor on any given day. I have 2 days off so it works out. The rest of the time we pick up before bed and just wipe down bathrooms the rest of the week. Good luck. It sounds like your surviving.
P.S. With boys the clorox wipes become your best bathroom friend!!
I know I already commented, but I have to echo the Clorox and swiffer comment. They are life savers! I keep a container of Clorox wipes and glass cleaner wipes in every bathroom. Then when I don't have time for a complete Ajax cleaning, I just pull them out and wipe down the counters, sinks, mirrors, and toilet and it's clean! I also highly recommend the swiffer sweeper vac. It is wonderful for the kitchen to vaccuum up all the crumbs and things that have fallen on the floor - it even picks up whole cereal! It's good for the bathroom as well. I use it with the wet wipes that go on the sweeper thing and between the two, I can have a clean kitchen floor in no time! Good Luck!
There is hardly any snow, how come they don't have school? This has been the worst winter anyone remembers in the state of Utah and not one snow day. Although one night some kids had to sleep at the school because they couldn't get them home, but that is another story. Good Luck with the boys!
Post a Comment