Saturday, March 1, 2008

Boys Boys Boys!

This week has been so hectic, but we are finally getting things in order and getting used to having 5 kids! We went to enroll Caleb in Kindergarten and they gave us all kinds of grief! They told us that he would be fine not going to kindergarten the rest of the year, lot's of kids miss kinder! I wanted to hit the guy- these kids have been through so much already, I wanted them to get used to a normal routine. Danielle and Josh signed over the parental rights to us and had it notarized, but the school district said it wasn't enough. Turns out they thought we were trying to bring them from another district next to ours- our schools are ranked int the nations top 1,000, so they are careful about enrolling kids. But after all the arguing and frustration it was worked out and I also found a preschool for Chase, 5 days a week from 8-3. Since these are not our children it's all government funded, so we don't have to pay anything. We have had so many blessings the past week, it's really amazing how the Lord prompts and guides us. We have had bunk beds donated, matching bedding, clothes, and toys. We also have had money sent in the mail, which has paid for our plane tickets to Texas, and the rest we will put in savings for emergencies for them.

I am so thankful for these little boys! they have made us laugh and cry in the same day! I get so mad at their parents sometimes because of the things they have not been taught- but I know if we keep working they will learn them and keep those habits.

Lexi had a ballet recital that I forgot to take pictures of, so I'll post those. Her school does free ballet classes for 2-5 grade, she loved it! All the kids are still adjusting to each other and really doing well. I keep hoping Carly and Chase will realize they can play together and not fight, but i know one day that will happen! Ashlee and Lexi just play constantly with Caleb and love having the kids here.

5 comments:

Kylea said...

Hey guys whats up? Just kidding! Hey Lex I wish I could of been at your recidal. I probably would of broke out in tears. I miss you guys lots.
Love your cousin ,
Kylea

Lish Fish said...

You are a RoCkStAr!!! Seriously. Good luck with the boys. I am sure as soon as you are able to get them into a routine it will be soo much easier! GOOD LUCK!!

Heidi said...

Free ballet classes? That's awesome! It looks fun.
I'm glad things are going well so far with the boys and that you've had such an outpouring of help - that's what you get for opening your hearts and your home to your nephews :)

Castiel Moyes said...

That is so cool that they have ballet classes. We have swimming lessons but only for a week! I would rather have ballet classes! That is so wonderful of you guys to take in your nephews. Are they on your side?

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

What the heck is going on? I missed something! How come you are taking care of Danelle's kids? I'll call ya.