Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Lexi!

6 weeks

Lexi was born with so much hair- it even had little blonde highlights through it.

3 months
Grandma Wiser bought her first swim gear

Around 1
Our camera broke and we were borrowing someone else's- we didn't know it took panoramic pictures! I need to dig out her 1 yr party pictures.
Around 2
Camera was still broken- this is the closest I have right now.

3 years old
Her Blue's Clue's party, we had just cut her hair- wish I knew about Locks of Love back then!

4 years
We lost the pictures of her 5th birthday!
6th birthday

7th birthday
She had a HSM party- Darrell was teaching them basketball dribbles- it was a crack up to watch!

Spring Picture '08

Her new bike!

Today Lexi turns 8! I can't believe it! She is celebrating her happy day by having a bowling party tomorrow. Her favorite color is red. She wants to be an Author when she grows up, and her favorite thing to do after school is read. She plays the piano and softball and is doing very well in both. She would still be in dance, soccer, swim, tumbling, and tennis if I let her! She loves any sports and is also good to understand we can't be involved in so many things at once.
Lexi is our first daughter- she has always been very easy going- seriously! She even was born a month early on the day I asked her to! I was off that day and Darrell had just started a new job- that day. She of course was held constantly by me, I don't think I ever put her down. If she was awake I wouldn't get in the shower, I would just hold her and play with her. Luckily she had her Dad to balance her out- he was with her at night when I worked, and she loved to sit in her swing watching games with him. She was very content just to sit and play with her toys or watch everyone else. She FINALLY started crawling at 10 months, and then walking at 14 months. She has always been a little mother hen and likes to make sure everyone is having fun. She is creative with games and makes friends very quickly. She does have a shy side- she doesn't like a lot of attention on her, she blushes quite easily also. We are so thankful to have her in our family! She is my right hand- in the mornings I do her hair first and while I do Ashlee's, she starts breakfast for everyone. She enjoys helping with chores- dishes, laundry, even cleaning bathrooms! Now of course, this does depend on her mood- she can get quite the attitude also- she gets that trait from her Dad! She is excited for her baptism on June 7, and can't wait for the Grandma's to come. She has asked if she can invite all the kids in her school class to her baptism- is she a missionary or what?!

We love you Lexi and are so thankful for your sweet spirit and love!

9 comments:

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Happy Birthday, Lexi! Wish we could come to your baptism! Congratulations I guess too.

Lish Fish said...

I cannot believe she is 8!! Holy cow! She is stinkin beautiful. I am still jealous of that hair color. Happy Birthday Lexi!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! She looks so grown up in that recent picture -

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful girl she has become. I still remember her as the little two-year-old that would call us "Wreck" and "Quarter". Happy Birthday, Lexi!!!

thecustercrew said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! We love and miss you lots.

Audrey Taylor said...

ELijah and I just read this and want to wish Lexi a very happy birthday and baptism. We love the Spring 08' pic!

The Wiser Side said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! You've have grown up so much. We love and miss you tons.

Nicole said...

What a cutie she is...

Castiel Moyes said...

I know this is belated but Happy Birthday!