Being a parent is hard work, but the love and laughter you get are such great payments for all the hard work! We have had a few days of laughs!
This last Sunday Carly gave her first talk in Primary. I know it's not that big of a deal, but since she is the youngest it seems like everything she does is a big deal and makes me want to cry! As emotional as i got about her giving her first talk I normally would not record it and post it, but it shows her personality so much as she does it! You'll want to pause the music at the bottom to hear her. She throws a little attitude when she gets to the sun, she raises her eyebrows a lot when she talks, and she can remember things so well! Because she spoke on baptism and the Holy Ghost she has been talking about it a lot. Yesterday she was hiding and said, "Oh, someone is here to visit!" She stepped out and had her favorite blankie (my least favorite- Loony Tunes?!) and had it over her head and said, "The Holy Ghost is here!" She then went on about how the Holy Ghost descended like a WHITE dove- because she is all about adjectives these days! What a silly little girl!
The Holy Ghost is here!
As you all know, there are a lot of hurricanes right now! We have been watching it on CNN and Lexi and Ashlee love to watch it also. They choose to spend their precious allotted TV time watching CNN on hurricane coverage rather then the new Hannah Montana- is that weird or what?! Well, Ashlee as I have said before is our little meteorologist- she panics about every storm, but is also obsessed with them and learning about weather. She loves to talk about Gustav like he is a real person, and also Hannah, Ike, and Josephine! We had to run to Kohl's on Saturday and she always begs for the $5 stuffed animals- I gave in this time because she was the only one not getting anything from the store. As we were driving home, Darrell and I were trying so hard not to laugh at what we were hearing in the back seat. Ashlee named her bear Hannah Katrina- after 2 hurricanes! Today she informed me it is now Hannah Katrina Josephine Wiser- how lovely!
Ashlee holding Hannah Katrina Josephine Wiser- she will take the Josephine off if she doesn't turn into a real hurricane since she is just a tropical storm right now!
Lexi is loving school and the endless supply of books there! If you see Lexi it is usual to see her with a book, or one near by. She loves to read- anything! She is such a good kid- so compassionate and OBEDIENT! I can handle her nasty meltdowns every so often if she will stay like she is as a teenager- she is so mellow!
Lexi reading her book out loud to me- she likes to be comfortable! Carly had the most comfy floor I guess!
Yesterday I decided I needed to weed my flower beds- I HATE doing that! I love seeing the blossoms, but dang those stinkin weeds! Since the rain from Gustav was going to hit us for a few days I decided I needed to do it before the weeds got anymore nourishment! I was out there for about an hour and a half, there were A LOT of weeds! I was trimming bushes too, and accidentally cut off almost all my roses off my rose bushes!
My poor roses- there were so many before I did quite the hack job!
The other rose bush lost all it's blossoms- I was not born with a green thumb!
After about an hour I looked down to grab my clipper things- don't really know what they are called, and there was a spider on my thigh. I stayed rather calm and quiet since our brand new next door neighbor was outside playing with her little boy, no need to make her think she has crazy neighbors yet! Then I noticed there was not just one, but SIX spiders!!! Forget remaining calm- I was screaming and jumping and hitting them off me! They were all on my shorts and my shorts were a dark color so I didn't notice them before. She thought it was quite comical of me to be jumping around shrieking as I knocked all of them off of me. Luckily I was about done weeding- if I wasn't it was going to have to wait till next time- that was enough of that for me! I made sure I was spider free, grabbed Carly and came in so I could shower, I was feeling all itchy and like spiders were in my hair. When I went to shower I had spider bites all over my legs! I panicked a little and started researching spiders common in flower beds in Arkansas- BAD IDEA!! I really started freaking out then!! Lucky for me the spider bites have gotten much smaller- and they itch a little but no other reactions! Next time I will be bathing in bug spray- actually I think I'll make Darrell do the weeding from now on!
That's the goings on here! We are getting lots of rain- it's not a massive down poor, but constant. Ashlee informed me Gustav is here right now!






11 comments:
Alissa, I love your posts. Your girls are so funny. I love Ashlee's name for her bear. You have to let us know if the Josephine sticks! And Carly, could she be any cuter giving her talk? I can't believe Lexi is so big and grown up looking! Your family is adorable! I wish we had hung out more when you lived here! So fun to keep up with your life! Love ya!
Wow, what I wouldn't give to be your neighbor. I am proud of you for taking such good care of your landscaping. Maybe I can't go out because if I leave my kids alone they would either destroy the house or each other. The rain is sure refreshing and that is why your grass is so green. Total opposite weather than ours.
It was nice reading what you've been up to. Lexi is a good girl isn't she? She likes to read like her mom.
Ooh! Scary! I hate spiders!!! Your yard looks beautiful. You have such wonderful children and they are still so Cute!!!
Alissa, I'm so impressed with your yard. It's so pretty. I should plant some flowers, but I'm not very good with them--they usually end up dying. Anyway, your girls are so cute, and crack me up! Love the teddy bear. Maybe we'll be watching Ashlee on the news someday, chasing tornados and hurricanes! :)
That Ashley is something else with the weather. I've never heard of a child so obsessed with it. I fully expect to see her on a news channel reporting the weather someday!
To answer your question, YES, it is weird that your kids watch CNN. I predict they will be litt;e meterologists. Your yard looks good. I see the ONE pretty rose. YOur girls are funny. Tell Ashlee I think her name for her bear is quite lovely. I know no other 7 year old (almost) who can name so well. Grace still names things shuu-shuu and ki-ki. It is wonderful to have the Holy Ghost in your house!
Your girls crack me up! I love the name for Ashlees bear. That is perfect. How fun.
Your blog looks really cute! Love the new colors and such.
Lexi looks so big reading on the floor-when did that happen? Amazing how fast time gets going!
Such a cute talk on the holy ghost. I love the analogy to a blankie.
Your yard looks great, but your story is exactly why I don't garden....the bugs!
Your yard looks beautiful! I can just picture you jumping around shreeking about the spiders - I would probably do the same reaction!
Your girls are so big. And cute! Sure wish we lived closer together so we could get them and my boys together!! :)
Post a Comment