Sunday was an exciting day since it was not only Dad's day, but our first Sunday in our new building with a NEW TIME!! We no longer go to church at 2:00!! We get to go at 10:00!! With the earlier church time, and a new baby I knew making breakfast was not an option, so the kids made do with what we had.
Fruit Loops, orange juice, toast, and a rose from our rose bush. They also had all kinds of cards for him, but I don't have picture's of those. Unfortunately, Darrell had to eat his breakfast all alone since I was bathing the baby, and where ever the baby is the other children are also!
After church we- as in Darrell and I, were so excited to go home and actually take a nap! We had a quick lunch and put Carly and Baylee down for naps- AWWW- relaxation is great! I should mention, I was behind Darrell driving home from church and didn't even know it was him- that's how clean his car was! Darrell left early to get a seat- he was there 20 minutes early and barely got a bench to sit on, I was so glad we had a cushioned seat! Our ward is really big and the new chapel is a smaller one, so seating will be rough.
After naps we made dinner for Darrell and then made cookies for him. I felt kind of bad since he had to help a little more then usual. I forget how much time it takes to feed and burp and change new babies! Here is what usually happens when I change Baylee's diaper- she LOVES her changing table! I lay her down on it and the yawns start, and before I can get her diaper off she is usually asleep!
After Darrell ate some of his cookies and drank his milk, the girls lotioned his feet and clipped his nails- and gave him a little massage.
I am so thankful for Darrell! His such a great Dad, husband, and friend!
Happy Father's Day Darrell!!
I am also so thankful for my father and Darrell's father. We are thankful for the knowledge that families will be together forever because we can't wait to see our Dad's again and our girl's can't wait to see their Grandpa's!
3 comments:
That's too funny that you got him a baseball glove. That is what we got Kyle. He lost his at the park a few weeks ago. We had all of his favorite little players autograph it.
How sweet. Love that you cleaned out the car. That is an awesome gift. Baylee is adorable! I wanna squeeze her!!
That is so cool, I am going to have to get your girls to talk to Brady about how to surprise thier dad's!
Post a Comment