Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome Baylee Ryanne Wiser!

I am finally getting a chance to blog- I'm trying to give the older girls time with the baby and time with me- it's not easy!
So, as Darrell said the birth went well, and very fast. We got to the hospital at 5:30-ish so I could be induced. I was dilated to a 2 at my last appointment- and Baylee was still very high. None of my girls have dropped though- until my water is broken. The nurses had the pitocin going around 6:30- and they were telling me it was going to be a long delivery since I was not dilated far and she was so high. I believed them- since I am kind of a pessimist as Darrell says.
At 7:30 my doctor came- he had a few surgeries and was planning on breaking my water around 9:00. He changed his mind and since I was at a 3 he broke my water then. I also got my epidural shortly after. With the other girls I didn't feel the contractions until I was close to a 7- but I was feeling them already and I am a wimp- so bring on the meds! I got the epidural and had a ringing and muffled sound in my ears so he had to do it over again. I didn't care though- the contractions were getting stronger. At 8:30 I was a 4 and Darrell went to get a magazine to read- and some breakfast. He got back close to 9:00 and I was feeling the contractions- I was having to breathe through them. Let me clarify- most people breathe through them- I end up hyperventilating- I HATE pain! The nurse came in and I was a 7-8, and she stopped my pitocin since my doctor was still in surgery. I was starting to get worried- I didn't know if I could do do this- I was in a lot of pain, and I knew it was only going to get worse. The nurse went to get my doctor, and came back saying I was going to start pushing even if I wasn't a 10 yet- so I could have her before my doctors next surgery. I started feeling pressure, burning, and a kind of tingly feeling. It's hard to explain- but if you didn't catch on- IT HURT! My doctor came in and kind of gave the nurse a look. She promised him I was just going so fast- I hadn't been like this for long. He told me the baby's head was right there. By this point I was really kind of freaking out- I could feel everything- and couldn't catch my breath- it probably would have helped if I inhaled a little more often! The nurses were hurrying to get things set up- my doctor had me start pushing. Here is where Darrell probably remembers more then I do. I kind of went into my own little world- I was trying to breathe through the contractions instead of pushing- I don't really know why I was doing that- but I was. The nurse kept trying to tell me what to do- and I kind of remember hearing her, but I was ignoring her. I could hear Darrell every once in a while tell me to breathe, so I would. It seemed like forever- but really it was a matter if minutes. My doctor finally said my name very clearly- almost sternly and told me to look at him. I opened my eyes and he told me I needed to breathe and really push. It took me a minute to actually remember how, but a couple pushes later and he told me to look again- and there she was! The first thing out of my mouth was, "We are NEVER doing this again!" My doctor and Darrell both laughed. Darrell and I were both crying- he had a hard time watching me in so much pain, and there was nothing he could do to help me. I was crying for a few reasons, pain of course, but I was in shock that I did it! I couldn't believe Baylee was here and I survived a "partial natural birth" as my doctor says.
It is always so amazing to see this little baby that has been growing inside for 9 months- every pain, uncomfortable, sickness- it's all worth it when they put the sweet baby in your arms. This birth was harder on me- but I am so thankful she is here and healthy! She was born at 9:47 am- I should have not been such a pessimistic person- she came so fast she had bruises on her face- her nose and cheeks.
The recovery is going well- it's hard to have a lot of patience with my other girls I'm realizing. They have so many questions on EVERYTHING and there are always hands touching the baby- but I know we will all adjust and my patience will come back! Lack of sleep is hard- but it's so much easier to be up with the baby then just laying in bed staring at my ceiling!
So, that's the story- I may have another addition to this- Darrell's version is a little different then mine since I was in my own little world trying to fight off the contractions!
Here is a pictures of her today- we love this little girl so much and are so thankful to have her here with us FINALLY!

20 comments:

Peanut said...

This takes me back. She is beautiful. I also had the same thing happen with my 4th girl. The doctor poured hot and cold water on me to see if I was faking or could tell the difference. Stupid man! I was just "faking the pain." Glad all went well and that if you had to feel....it was fast.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

You are awesome!! You did it. I am right there with you. Less pain is always better. Congrats, Baylee is so beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful addition to your already beautiful family. Way to hang in there - glad that all went well (despite the pain... )

Audrey Taylor said...

Very very beautiful!
If you had to deal with those contractions the whole time you had the epidural, the pushing would be gladly welcomed!

Mhari said...

She is a beautiful baby! I'm so glad everything went well for you. I'm so nervous for the delivery portion of having a kid. Yikes!!

i said...

i just LOVE the picture of her screaming! so cute!!! good job enduring the "partially" natural way. i can imagine that is WAY harder! enjoy!

Debra said...

Way to go Alissa! Baylee is so very cute! I bet those girls will be such good help!

Kirsten said...

Way to go girl! Who cares if it was technically only a "partial natural" birth anyway, right? It was enough pain to fell natural! I would just tell people you did it natural! Congrats on another beautiful baby girl....she's finally here!

Stacey said...

Love all the pictures! Lexi, Ashlee, and Carly all look SO excited to have a new baby sister. She is beautiful! You are going to have SO much help with all of them around! Glad you and Baylee are both doing well. Hopefully you can start to get some sleep soon. Hang in there! Like you said, it's all worth it! :)

. said...

Now you have me totally freaked out for my delivery, thanks!!! Just kidding, I am glad all worked out well in the end...Baylee is precious!

Lish Fish said...

She is so pretty!! I had Kenna natural is it sucks. Bring on the drugs!! Marissa was born at that exact time...and I was induced with her at 6 as well. Wierd! Enjoy her! Who needs sleep?? Awe. I wish we still lived close so I could visit. CONGRATS!!!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Why didn't your epidural work? Was it just too fast. Anyway, I bet you you felt all that you would have had you not had the epidural! Good job! I'm always thankful my births go fast.

She is so cute. I said she loks like Lex, but today she reminds me of Ashlee. Makes me baby hungry!

De Anne said...

I don't think you're a wimp. Any woman that can go through child birth, natural or otherwise, is tough as nails!

Baylee is beautiful! You are so blessed.

Also, your other girls hair is fabulous. You either did it when they got to the hospital before pictures, or you've done a great job teaching Darrell to do their hair. I don't know that my girls hair got brushed before coming up to the hospital.

The Wiser Side said...

Nice Job!! The girls all look so cute with her. We totally think she's got the Ashlee look.
Your camera takes good close ups!

Janelle said...

Way to go Alissa! Seriously--you rock! You could totally go natural for another, you just don't know it! If you could do partially natural with pitocin!!! That is amazing. That is way harder than natural without pitocin! I've always said I would never get an epidural, except maybe if I had to be on pitocin--that is mean stuff! Congratulations!
I'm so glad it went well! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Baylee is beautiful...just like your other girls.

Jennie Z said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable. You are so lucky to have so many little "helpers"!

Amy said...

congratulations! She is beautiful.

Jean Fields said...

I was so tickled to see little Baylee Ryanne last night at the shower and even more thrilled to hold her in my arms. I think she is a dead ringer for you! And, I can tell she is definitely a "girly-girl" just like her mommy. Loved your blog - glad you didn't strangle Darrell this time -hahahaha. It's always so fun to hear your birthing stories. Sounds like this one was a real challenge. I was amazed at your comment when the baby arrived - you never lose your sense of humor! I'm just so pleased that you both are happy and healthy. Looks like you learned you're a whole lot stronger than you ever imagined. I love you sweet lady!

Tamara said...

I was totally riveted the whole time I was reading this... it sounds SO hard! You are amazing, and inspiring. And now you have four beautiful girls!