Sunday, September 6, 2009

Love this face!


Here are a few pictures of Baylee. She woke up with out a fever and we are hoping for 24 hours with out a fever- almost there! Most likely she will get to come home Monday afternoon or night, depending on the blood test they will do tomorrow. I am dreading more pokes in her. She is still very fussy, which is not normal for her at all. Last night she SCREAMED for close to two hours! I had called Darrell and told him to get the kids in bed, have someone stay with them and bring me the swing. I am so paranoid of germs- but I was desperate! The nurse was feeling so bad she took a swing out of the nursery for Baylee and she immediately stopped crying. Yep- she slept in it all night too! It's so hard for me to hear her cry- she NEVER cries! Every time we touch her she screams, sometimes it's a painful cry and other times it's just a plain mad cry. She HATES the IV! The nurse brought the wagon in and let us take her on a little walk- she loved it. We walked the whole hospital floor and let her look around, she was so tired after!



She also learned how to roll over on Friday- I was taking a picture of her and happened to catch her rolling over- yeah!

Thank you so much for all the prayers, help with kids, dinners, and support! She is so fussy, but I really think she just wants to come home and get the stinkin IV out of her arm. She isn't eating well either because of the kind of saline they are giving her- it makes her loose the hunger feeling so she is eating for only about 5-7 minutes every 7-8 hours. They aren't worried, she's sleeping well, and is hydrated, and they need the IV to stay clear for her antibiotics- so hopefully only one more day of her "club" on her arm!

8 comments:

The Lowden Family's Blog said...

I'm sorry you have to go thru something like this it isn't easy!! I can say I know how you feel. It's hard but Heavenly Father will help you every step of the way.. I hope you guys are able to go home tomorrow. You guys are in our prayer!

Janelle said...

I'm glad that it hasn't been anything too serious! I hope you get to go home as early as possible tomorrow! She is so cute. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you! I'll keep praying for you guys. Loves!

Nicole said...

How adorable is she in that little wagon!! Glad to hear she had no fever this morning. We're praying for her, too, and hope she gets to come back home tomorrow! Keep us posted. If you need anything else, let us know.

Jennie Z said...

So sorry to hear you've been dealing with all of this. Hope your cute baby is feeling better soon and you get to go home. Our prayers are with you!

Tamara said...

Thanks for the update, Alissa. We fasted for her today. It's got to be SO sad when she's so sad... :( But it sounds like she's getting better and better, so we're praying that she's home soon. It brought tears to my eyes when you described how happy she got when she heard her sisters (on your last post). <3 and HUGS!!

. said...

Keep up your strength! I am thinking of you and your family and sweet lil' Baylee!!!

i said...

Oh my. I pray for you to have strength...and to get everyone home soon. :)

thecustercrew said...

I hope you guys are surviving. Hopefully she is home by now. Spinal taps are awful. Logan had to have one when he was 6 wks old. We hope Bailey gets better soon.