Friday, April 30, 2010

Rock Stars, Crush, Pink Panthers, and Baylee

We are enjoying watching all the girls play softball- they each are doing so well. With all the games and practices you would think we'd have tons of pictures, nope- we don't. It's such a pain to get pictures through the fence, and half the time the camera focuses on the fence not the child! So enjoy our few pictures of each of the girls.

Lexi is on the team Rock Stars. This is her first year of kid pitch and she LOVES it! Her team is doing really well so far, they have a great coaching system down. Her coaches are moving everyone around to see where they play the best- she does really well on first and third base.

Ashlee is on the team Crush. It is her second year of machine pitch and she is having so much fun being the oldest on the team. Her team is all new, including the coaches, so they are all learning together. Her favorite position to play is catcher, but lately they have had her on first or second base. Catcher is the favorite position for most of the girls on her team, so they have to rotate.

Carly is in her first year of T-ball on the team Pink Panthers, and she likes it. Honestly I think she gets bored out in the field, but she does LOVE to bat and run. I always said I would never have a child out there playing in the dirt- but she does, and I still love her! She has been working on her throw and is always good to take a huge step before she throws the ball. She also takes 2 or 3 times to line her bat up with the ball on the tee before she will hit it. I laugh every time... it's so cute!


Through all the softball craziness Baylee keeps on growing (I can't believe she will be 11 months in 2 days!). She is crawling all over, and is now trying to pull herself up to stand. She has had a few nasty falls- lots of bumps on her face and head. She is like a mini tornado pulling things down, throwing things, and just making huge messes everywhere she goes. Some of her other new tricks are shaking her head no when she hears you say it, and fishy faces. Her fishy face is too funny- she sucks her cheeks in so far! I have been trying for WEEKS to get a decent picture and video of her doing this, but she is such a stinker! She does it ALL the time until the camera comes out! But I finally got a quick picture and video with Carly's help the other day!

Other B-I-G news for Baylee is she can now wear a ponytail!! This is such a huge deal in our house (almost as big as walking)... I have issues, I know! It's not just a stick right up off her head, because of her curl it actually lays so cute to the side with a little curl at the end. She doesn't like getting her hair done, she shakes her head like crazy and bats at my hands, but I don't give up that easy!


As my older 3 girls get older it's fun to watch them help each other and cheer each other on. Carly now is most of the time treated like an equal by her older sisters. For so long she was the baby and they really didn't include her a lot. Not anymore, if they try to exclude her she won't let them. I love to eaves drop from the other room and just listen to the things they tell each other about their days and things they think are important. But along with all this growing is my realization that in EIGHT years Lexi will be moving out! We talk about college all the time and they all know as soon as they graduate they will move out into dorms so they can learn how to budget and learn to make decisions. It makes me sick to my stomach. Lexi talks about being roommates with her cousin at BYU- hello, that's all the way in Utah! I need to be better about enjoying it now- but it really does scare me how fast time is flying by!

3 comments:

. said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks, where does the time go!?!? It seems like yesterday we were all pregnant and now a year has gone by. Crazy!

Lish Fish said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I love it. Brady has his first game tonight... Crazy. Love Baylee's hair!! They are all so adorable...we are just going to have to stay in denial about them getting older and moving out. That is nuts!!

Kylea said...

I LOVE these girls! Now we have one more thing in common! SOFTBALL!!!!!! Go ROCK STARS!!! GO CRUSH!!! GO PINK PANTHERS!!! Only if you guys still lived here! We would all play in the same league!! That would of been so awesome! I love catching! SO maybe i can teach the girls at the reunion! i cant wait to see you guys! Now I'm not the only dedicated softball player in the family now! Love you guys!