Changes are not fun for me- it takes me forever to adjust to change. On Thursday night the Bishop asked if he could speak to me, and I knew what he was going to say. I have been having feelings that I was going to be released for a few weeks and when he asked to speak to me I had no doubt what it was about. I LOVE being in Relief Society- it has been great to serve for a year and a half in 2 presidencies and learn and grow so much from the women I was able to serve with. I told the Bishop I was blessed to have been prepared for this- like I said I don't like change. Had the Lord not prepared me I think I would have been a basket case for a few weeks! What I was not prepared for was what my new calling would be! Nursery?! I have served in the Nursery before and survived, but never wanted to do it again! You just feel so cut off from everyone! But when the Bishop said he feels very strongly that I should serve in the Nursery- the warmest feeling came over me- and I am excited to do it! I knew this calling is right- because there is no way I would have normally wanted this calling- I probably would have started bribing him to put me anywhere else. But like I said, I'm really excited. When they announced the changes in the Presidency yesterday one of my friends turned around and wished me good luck with pity in her eyes. I think she thought I had lost my mind when I said I'm excited! Darrell was a little concerned also- he knew my aversion to Nursery! I at least get to be in there with someone I know very well and see everyday at the gym- it's a good thing we get along Aubrey or it could be a little uncomfortable in there!
I'm thankful to know I have a Father in heaven who knows me- He knows what we each need in our lives. I know He loves us each so much and is always watching and listening!! I am so excited for the new women who were called into the Presidency- they are some of my closest friends and will do an excellent job! Nicole, you guys better build a storage shed in your back yard for all the fun things you get to store!!:)
In America...?
5 months ago

14 comments:
You did such a great job, thanks for everything!
Nursery is pretty crazy- I know how you must of felt at first, But like you said, he knows us and what we need and also where we are needed! I know that you will do well and exceed expectations where ever you serve!
I am certainly happy about your new calling! A little crazy...but it is such a sweet group of kids. We will have fun!
I know I was excited too when I got called into Primary a few months ago. It's a nice change to be around all those little children and their sweet spirits!
Who needs a shed when you've got a nice hope chest in your room to store stuff on top of??! :)
I know you'll be great in nursery. Those kids are so sweet. I really will miss them. And it's fun to be in there with Aubrey! You know you can call me anytime for a sub (at least for the first hour).
I have been in nursery for a little over a year now and still enjoy it. Although, I do look forward to being released when this baby is born. The new manual is great too!!! You'll love it! You'll do such a great job!
Congrats on your new calling. I always did not like being in Nursery, but lately I've decidecd it would be a GREAT calling! Maybe it's because I miss little ones. Becca is still in there, but she acts 7. She doesn't count.
Jake and I served in nursery for nearly a year. Everyone always said it was good birth control. I never thought about it that way. We had 15-20 regulars: one set of twins and also a set of triplets. I loved those sweet little kids, and all of the hugs and playing games and singing songs, and reminding them to chew their food before they swallow...or swallow what was in their mouth before putting more in. I love seeing how they've grown. Seriously, one of my favorite callings. ;)
Congrats on your new calling. I'm sure you'll have fun. And it's always great if you have a friend in there that you can talk with. Take care!
I LOVE NURSERY! I have begged but only the stupid stake nursery will do. I have tons of ideas. Call me sometime.
"Holy bloging batman!"
First thing-we love the new blog look-your title is way cute! Glad to see you firgured out how to do the slide show-kinda cool on the sidebar.
Love all the family stories!
Congrats on your new calling! If I wasn't already in Primary I would be jealous. You'll do a great job - personally, I think nursery is the ideal calling - toys, songs, snacks; can you think of anything else that would make church more fun?!? You're also going to love the new Nursery Manual!
Alissa-
You have such great faith. What a wonderful attitude. I know Heavenly Father is greatful for you and will bless you somehow.
Steve and I are in Nursery too. I can totally relate to everything you feel about it! It is pretty fun though to have like 20 little kids think you are the coolest person in the world!
Post a Comment