Lexi and Ashlee started school today- I can't believe how quick the summer went by! Lexi was a little nervous to start 3rd grade- she has been told by a few of her friends that 3rd grade is hard. But after meeting her teacher and seeing how bubbly and friendly she is- she was so ready to go! Ashlee was nervous to start 2nd grade, but was excited to have the same teacher as Lexi did last year. We went to meet the teacher night- and we found out she didn't have the same teacher, not only was it not the same teacher- it was a man teacher! Not that there is anything wrong with a man teacher, but we were just so thrown off all the way around. She has her anxiety issues, so last night she was awake until 10:00 not just crying- but sobbing in bed since she was so nervous!


We all got up this morning and took the kids to school- they would have rather ridden the bus- but I have to say no on the first day of school! I was the only Mom with a camera in Lexi's class, well actually I was the only Mom! I know it embarrassed her, so I only took one quick one. Ashlee was fine when she got to class- she knows quite a few of the kids and relaxed when she sat at her desk.
As Darrell and I left the school he asked if I was sad- I told him a little. It's always bittersweet to send them off to someone else! Carly was not sad that her sisters were gone- so sad isn't it! She may get a little bored in a few days though when she realizes I don't play babies or Polly's as well as her sisters do!



9 comments:
How crazy!! Ugh. I am soo not ready for school this year. Thank goodness it doesn't start til after Labor Day here. The girls look so cute! How exciting for them!
Yeah! I love the first day of school. My kids started today too. Hillary had a male teacher for 2nd grade and he was ok. He was just used to teaching 5th and 6th and REALLY focused a LOT of poetry. He really favored the girls and Hillary got away with a lot in there. But she LOVED him! Good luck!
I hope things went okay for Ashley - she is not the one that you want to have a surprise like that with!
Yeah for school. We can't start soon enough. I love my kids, but they need to go back and be motivated to use their brains. They get bored, so they fight. It will be nice to have time for Kate and Bec. Hope all went okay with Ashlee.
Hooray for school! We start next Monday and I'm so glad to get back to a routine. Your girls looked so excited to be back in school.
Your girls look so cute! Hopefully they have a great year and Ashlee adjusts quickly. That is so hard. Tessa gets really stressed out with change (especially if it's not what she was expecting too). We'll have to get together to let Clay and Carly play. Clay had fun too, home with mommy, but he did ask for Jonah a couple of times.
Your blog is so cute! I love the new background. I wish I knew how to do that!
It is so funny that Carly wasn't sad to see her sisters go! Anna was devestated when her bubbas went to school (mainly out of jealousy). I like your new layout!
We don't start school here for another two weeks. I have to say that my girls are totally ready to go back and can't wait. But like your Ashley my Joselyn (middle children?) also has a little of the anxiety issues and I am sure is going to be up really late the first night as well! Your girls looked so cute though and I really like your new blog look!
Post a Comment