Sunday, December 13, 2009

32 Things To Be Thankful For

Today was my 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday- meaning I'm 32, but don't want to admit it! In honor of this day and because I have been very blessed I thought I'd post 32 things that happened today that I'm thankful for.

1. Darrell waking me up in the middle of the night to say happy birthday
2. Baylee waking up with the biggest smile at 6- I know if she could talk she would have said happy birthday too! (She was sweet and went right back to sleep after I fed her)
3. Carly waking me up at 7 with a big grin to say happy birthday
4. Seeing Darrell in my blue snowflake fleece robe- apparently he wore it outside to get something out of his car- he hopes no one saw him.
5. Walking out of my room and all three older girls sing to me
6.Running late for church and my husband not getting mad at me.
7. Going to church and seeing how very blessed I am to be in our ward.
8. Hearing some great quotes and thoughts on parenting in Sunday School.
9. Walking in the door after church and smelling dinner in the crock pot that my husband cooked.
10.Getting a nice nap after church.
11.Going to an Activities Day meeting and remembering that this is one of my favorite callings!
12.Watching my kids make brownies alone.
13. Smelling brownies baking.
14. Eating a YUMMY dinner.
15.Everyone cleaning up their own plates and the table with out being asked.
16. My family surprising me with an ICE CREAM CAKE!
17. Darrell invited friends up the street to share dessert with us.
18. Have I mentioned how blessed I am in the friend department here?!
19. A whole bunch of birthday wishes on Facebook.
20. AHH, all the kids are in bed, except Baylee, but she's the easy one.

I have come to the end of the day so I now need to get a little more creative- this is harder then I thought!!

21. I am thankful for my Crest Pro Health toothpaste- I love crest!
22. My bed- even though it's not made right now- I love to just lay in bed!
23. My big giant bathtub that I spend WAY too much time in reading books!
24. A husband who doesn't complain when I want to spend hours in the bath reading.
25. 4 of the most sweet and beautiful girls who love to make me happy.
26. The friendship bracelet Lexi made for me.
27. I love disposable diapers- how would I survive in the days of cloth diapers?!
28. I'm so thankful for my testimony!
29. I'm so thankful for the Gospel!
30. I'm ever so thankful for my Savior.
31. I'm thankful for mine and my families health.
32. So thankful for taking the time to remember to be thankful!

Sorry, no pictures- the camera battery needs to be charged. I SO wish I had a picture of Darrell looking a little too cozy in my big robe...

7 comments:

Hooper Family said...

I never saw you at church today to wish you a Happy Birthday - so Happy Birthday!! I sounds like your family made sure it was a great day.

kristi r said...

Happy Birthday!!!

De Anne said...

Sounds like a great brithday! I'll give you one more. Be thankful you aren't as old as me :)

i said...

happy birthday! so much to be thankful for! it was nice to see you! ;)

thecustercrew said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. You deserve it. Happy Birthay!!!:)

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Happy LATE Birthday! I wanted to call you on your B-day. I rmembered in the morning, but like always, if I don't do it when i remember, then I forget! Glad you had a great day!

thecustercrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.