Sunday, December 20, 2009

Swamp Band


In 4th grade the kids get to start playing the most wonderful instrument- the recorder. Lexi came home with hers at the beginning of the year and I emailed her music teacher and thanked her- all I could think about was how often I have to remind my kids to do piano lessons and now was one more thing to get done. Not to mention the squeaks and other noises those things make. Lexi was so excited to play though- and I NEVER had to remind her to practice- not once! She would go upstairs in her room and practice her songs- she was pretty darn good at it too! Then came the auditions for Swamp Band (they are the Central Park Gators)- she was nervous, but found out since she had passed off all her challenge songs she automatically made it into the band. She got to be in the Bentonville Parade, and then play in the Fayettville mall the next week, Here are a few pictures and video's- these kids are pretty good! Lexi is the one with the snowflakes and ornaments on her Santa hat. The parade was so cold- but it was fun to see all the kids. All the schools and almost all the churches were in the parade. We received many invitations to their churches via little hand outs at the parade.






I wasn't able to go the mall with Lexi and Darrell, Carly and Ashlee had a birthday party to go to. Darrell said the other schools were impressed with how well CP did Carol of the Bells- they hadn't really practiced that one so the teacher would show them which fingers to use while they played. Darrell also said the other schools were very squeaky as they played- but we are kind of biased!


1 comments:

Alicia Rivoli said...

I Loved the recorders in the parade. I thought they did wonderful. I saw Ashley, you have such beautiful children!