
She FINALLY turned 3!
Today Carly turns 3, and oh my heaven's is she excited! It's so funny to think back when I was pregnant with her- I thought this kid was never going to come out! The doctor had promised to induce me at 39 weeks if I had started dilating. With Lexi and Ashlee I was at a 5 by 36 weeks so I wasn't concerned. With Carly I was a barely a 2 at 36 weeks- I started to panic! I didn't want to be in the hospital for Christmas, but still held onto the promise that I would be induced. At 38 weeks he checked me and I was a 3, he said he wasn't going to induce me- not because I wasn't progressing- but he was busy. I was livid! I don't think I have ever been so angry and hateful- in fact I did tell him that I hated him- and I was not joking. At 39 weeks I didn't want to see him because I was still pretty ticked. I saw the Nurse Midwife and she was shocked he didn't induce. I was a 4, and she scheduled an induction for the next day, with a different doctor. I was very uncomfortable that night- I swear she was going to break one of my ribs! I went to be induced and when I finished all the paper work, they checked me and I was almost a 6. They put the monitor on me and told me I was contracting every 5 minutes on my own. They started to do the pitocin and then immediately turned it off- that was a little after 9. By 10 I was ready for my epidural and the person who gets so much love in the maternity ward arrived. He put the epidural in and I was in heaven! The nurse checked me at 10:45 and broke my water since I was at a 9. The doctor was called and Carly came at 10:57! The doctor showed me how her cheeks had little carpet burn looking marks and he said that was from going so quick through he birth canal. She was my biggest baby at 7 pounds and 5 oz, and 20 inches long. When I first held her the nurse said- oh look , she looks just like her Daddy! Not what you want to hear about your baby girl!
Carly was an easy baby- she didn't cry much. Probably because we never put her down! Her big sister's adored her and loved to help do anything for her.
This picture is one of my favorites- she went through a stage where she wouldn't just smile- she's open her mouth and squeal!
This was Carly's first birthday and she had just braved sitting on Santa's lap- we barely made it through!

I forgot to put the candle in for her to blow it out- so I had already started cutting the cake.
Carly hit the fun age where she realized she could get into the pantry and get what ever she wanted out. One morning I couldn't find her and when I went into the kitchen I could hear her giggling. She grabbed the cookies and thought I couldn't see her hiding behind her high chair!
This was Carly's 2nd Birthday and we had just gotten home from Disney World. The house was in utter caous because we were moving in 3 weeks also. I was so excited for her to actually blow her candles out with out getting spit all over the cake!
I was asking Carly a few questions this morning while she ate her "greffast" about herself. Her favorite color is orange. We are having orange cake, orange cupcakes, and orange balloons for her little party tonight. She wants to be a kitty cat when she grows up, her first answer was a chicken, so we're getting better all the time! What high aspirations she has! She loves to play babies and with her friends. Carly says some funny things! Her favorite thing to say these days would be, "BOOTY CRACK!!" Every time she goes tot he bathroom, or if her sisters are getting in the bath- you'll hear BOOTY CRACK!! Followed my giggles! She was by far my easiest baby, but my most curious toddler! Since we moved here there has been bright pink nail polish on the carpet, a bottle of syrup all over the table so she could finger paint, and 2 bottles of shampoo and one of conditioner on the entertainment center and TV so she could finger paint also! She has covered herself in marker- black of all colors! And just last week while she was at play group, she and her little friend decided to finger paint. Her friend Anna is a sweet little girl- she lives 3 houses up. We do a lot with their family since they have kids the same age as ours. Carly and Anna together usually isn't so bad, but this time they were feeling very crafty! They got into some craft drawers and decided to paint each other- not too bad if it was washable paint! It was acrylic craft paint that was all over the carpet also! Carly painted her fingers and toes and then decided Princess Anna needed green in her hair! Anna had very Christmas looking green all over her! They were quite proud of themselves. The professional is coming today to see what he can get out of the carpet. The carpet has been scrubbed with at least 10 different cleaners for 6 hours. It looks much better, but is still very noticeable. I am hoping 3 is the magical age of not being so curious!
We love Carly and are so happy to have her in our family- messes and all! She loves to go around singing songs to herself and her babies. She recognizes all of her ABC's and loves to ask what all the letters spell. She does know how to spell a few things- C-A-R-L-Y, S-T-O-P, and of course W-A-L-star- M-A-R-T. She loves Dora, Mickey, Super Why and Word World. I love The last two shows, they have really helped her learn her letters and know that they spell something when they are put together. I'm excited to watch Carly grow and hopefully not get into too much trouble. We have been joking that we have to watch out since our friends up the street have boy's Lexi and Ashlee's age. We worried they would sneak out, but have now realized a few things. Lexi and Aiden are the oldest and way too obedient to try something like that. Ashlee and Abbott are too scared of the dark night. But then we have Anna and Carly- they will probably be sneaking into each others windows and sneaking other boys in! Let's hope not!!
Happy Birthday Carly!
In America...?
5 months ago

7 comments:
Happy Birthday Carly. So cute! Alissa my third so far has been the same way. She was my easiest baby but my word has she been the toughest toddler so far. She is into EVERYTHING in a way that my other two weren't and it drives me insane! It must be that third girl who watches her older sisters or something. Congratulations on makeing to three!
Wow,what a cutie, she is getting so big. And yea, you finally put pictures of you on your blog. :) I am the same way, its because we are always behind the camera.
She is so cute! It is crazy that she is already three. I have to agree with ya...Marissa has also been the most curious and mischievious of our three. Look at my blog to see her latest. I swear. Gotta love them!!
I loved reading about Carly----my favorite is Booty Crack and how she spells Walmart!!
Watch out though Jessica and Alissa, my 3rd child was way easy too...having 4 has been very hard!!!
And Alissa I know you hear it all the time, but she is the spittin' image of her father!!!
Alissa, Your Carly and my Cade share the same birthday. Cade turned 5. Boy the time flys. She is too cute.
Alissa, I forgot to mention that your sister came to my house a couple months back to draw blood and other ins. stuff. She was super nice. I didn't know if she ever told you about it. Funny huh.
It is amazing how fast time flys now that we are older. She is so darling. Such personality as well.
Post a Comment