Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions- YUCK!

Every year I swear I'm not going to make New Year Resolutions because I never keep them, but every year I end up making them and shockingly a few have stuck! I was reading my friend Jessica's blog and she was saying how she wanted to start 2008 off with a clean house, I love that Idea. We have been cleaning like crazy this week since Darrell has been off. But as we are cleaning out the garage and closets the rest of the house is a mess. I have decided to clean the rest- thanks for the motivation Jessica! We have Salvation Army coming on Wednesday to pick up all our give aways. You never realize how nice it is to have a Deseret Industries close, until you move across the country and don't have one. All these things we moved thinking we could find use for them- they are gone! Our entertainment center, a 2 year old gas dryer- since our hook ups here are electrical, all kinds of baby stuff. We are not going to have anymore babies for quite some time- so why keep all the stuff?! And oh my heavens- the clothes we have gotten rid of!! I know you all have skinny clothes packed away somewhere like I did- they are gone! I'm not going to wear them- if I get skinny enough to fit in them dang it I deserve new clothes!!
On to my resolutions I wasn't going to make! I want to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months. If I can read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Harry Potter in a week, then I can finish the B of M on 3 months! I also want to learn how to jog. I know some of you will be confused about that- but I look like Phebe on friends when I run- if you don't know what that looks like imagine a very uncoordinated person swinging their arms just looking plain scary running down the sidewalk! I learned to swill in 2007, that was something I didn't ever think I could do- but I did it! I want to keep walking 4 nights a week, the regular 4 miles and lunges, but want to get up my jogging. So my friend Amy Bench is going to of course have to be willing to do this with me- I know she will though- huh Amy?! Along with the nightly exercise I want to get to the gym 2-3 times a week for my toning class. I was doing so good until the miscarriages- sickness and depression kicked my butt! But I want to get going again and lucky for me they start again on the 7th! My last resolution is I want to remember to pray morning and night personally- kneeling. We always make sure to pray with the girl's morning and night, but my personals are usually only at night and 50% of the time while I'm laying in bed!
Our family resolution is to play a family game each Sunday night. We have TONS of games, but don't play them very often. I'm also hoping to get Ashlee and Carly getting along better through this. We always try to separate them as much as possible since their personalities totally clash- but I'm hoping through more family time they will learn to deal with each other better and actually be friends. We are also going to read the Book of Mormon each night. We have tried so many times, and I don't care if this takes us 17 years- we're going to finish!!
So those are my resolutions, what are some of yours? I'd love to hear them and maybe you'll motivate us for more!!
We are so sad to miss the annual Johnson New Year party- I'm actually quite emotional about missing it and seeing everyone! We are going with a group of probably 20 couples to eat Italian, it's not the Johnson's, but we're glad to be doing something. We are going to friends house after to celebrate the New Year- Lexi and Ashlee have made up all kinds of songs they are going to sing at 12:00- we'll see if they are still awake!
Happy New Year Everyone!

7 comments:

kristi r said...

Hey I love that episode when Phoebe runs. I think that there are some good books out there on how to learn to run. (they start with walking). So fun to read your resolutions, and they give me a good place to start thinking about mine. . .

Heidi said...

Oh Alissa, I have so many of the same resolutions---maybe we can keep each other motivated throughout the year!! We too started reading the BOM together as a family a few weeks ago but then we started forgetting....thanks for the inspiration to set some resolutions and stick to them!!!

And the Friends episode of Phoebe running is hilarious...thanks for the laugh!

Lish Fish said...

Love them!! They are all soo good. I love that about the skinny clothes. I bought a magnet for the fridge that says Miracles Happen...Keep the Skinny Jeans. It makes me laugh. BUT I think it is an EXCELLENT point that after all that work, we deserve new. Anywho...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jennie Z said...

I also have the some of the same resolutions. You are so brave to make them all public! Good idea starting off the year with a clean house. 364 days left!!

Bench Family said...

You can count on me Alissa, I need it just as much (if not more) than you do!

i said...

Thanks for sharing...I'm remembering at your strong urge to chat and tell it all...You are a great writer and I enjoy reading it. (When i have the time):)Great resolutions

Stephanie said...

Hmmm...your resolutions sound a lot like mine...exercising, cleaning, praying (glad to hear I'm not the only one who prays in bed! :) ). Good luck with them all!