Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I've Been Putting It Off

We have some big news I've been waiting to share- but feel it's ok to share now! We are having a baby in June! We are very excited and thankful. It's been kind of a struggle to decide what we wanted to do after the 2 miscarriages we had. The easiest thing to do was for me to get an IUD and get my emotions back to normal. Darrell had NO desire to try again- after dealing with a sick wife for weeks then an emotional basket case- he was ready to be done! My doctor here told me he felt the miscarriages weren't related and that I should be able to have a baby when I wanted, especially since I had 3 babies in a row and had no problems conceiving before.
The IUD was quite an experience. You all know me and know I share too many details, so if it will gross you out- you may want to skip. For most women getting the IUD takes just a few minutes- for me it took almost 20! I was almost in tears it was hurting so bad, my doctor just kept saying it wouldn't go in and stay- maybe that was a sign?! Finally it was in!! I had to go back the next month to make sure it was still in place- nope, it was falling out. So I got to go through the fun again! This time it stayed in- for a while! Once the IUD was in I was ready to just be happy with my 3 girls and move on, I love babies, but had no desire to try again and loose another one. Imagine my surprise when a few months later the stupid IUD came out again!! I was NOT about to try and have another one put in- it just was not made for me I guess! Darrell and I again had to decide what we wanted to do. Once the IUD came out all my baby hungers came back and that feeling of there is another baby for us. I was afraid to say anything to Darrell because he was so against having another baby. He surprised me by coming home one day and saying we should try again. I was so shocked that I told him no- I wasn't ready for the emotions that would come with trying again. This went on for a month or so and we prayed and felt good about trying again. We didn't have to try- I was already pregnant!
This pregnancy has been hard- I was sick like this with Lexi- throwing up a lot, gagging constantly, and passing out. Lot's of fun stuff! I was nervous for my first ultra sound, and had a complete breakdown just before. All the memories of going to my other appointment and seeing a perfectly formed baby but no heartbeat came back and I was so scared! I made it through my appointment and got to see our little baby and it's little heart beating away- what a feeling of relief! I have had a few scares, but when I get nervous I keep getting a feeling of peace and calmness. The sickness is getting better, and I am very thankful! It lasted 6 months with Lexi and I was not looking forward to that again. The kids are very excited. Lexi and Ashlee have known for about 4 weeks and have done so good to not tell anyone. They understood why we wanted to wait. We weren't going to tell Carly but she kept asking all kinds of questions while we were in Las Vegas and we decided to tell her. She keeps asking me if there is really a baby- she can't wait for it to come either! Little does she know how her little world will be changed!
So now all of you that have known it's ok to share- and you don't have to delete comments on my blog about it! We are excited and keep praying that the baby will continue to grow and be healthy!

26 comments:

Lish Fish said...

Yeah! I am soo excited for you! I am sure everything is going to go smoothly...this baby is definately meant to be here with your family. What a blessing. Keep us posted. Are you finding out?? Hmmm. Congrats!!

Familia Morales said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I saw your baby ticker a few weeks ago--good thing for that 'delete comment' option, huh? I hope you keep feeling better.

Aubrey said...

Yea, congradulations, I hope every thing runs smoothly.

Mhari said...

Congrats! I had a feeling that was what all of the fainting spells might be tied in to. You were meant to have this little one apparently. I hope you get a boy to change things up in your clan. Otherwise you'll end up like the Lunds. :-)

Debra said...

You're having a baby!!!! Congratulations!!! I sure hope that all goes well for you!

De Anne said...

I would say the Lord had his hand in this one. That baby was coming no matter what. Congratulations. That is very exciting.

Heidi said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so happy to hear the news and I hope you continue to feel better -

Stacey said...

Congrats! Yes, it sounds like this little baby is supposed to join your family. I'm so glad everything is going well this time, and you can rest easy now that you've seen it's little heartbeat and all is going well. We are so happy for you! If you ever need anything...don't hesitate to call. We'd love to have your girls come play anytime! :)

Janelle said...

I am soooo happy for you! From what Julie said you and I are only about a week apart. And your story of getting pregnant sounds a lot like mine. Did you get my phone message while you were here? I didn't want you to worry! I'm so bummed that I missed seeing you, but I completely understand how crazy it gets trying to see EVERYONE! I'm glad you guys had a good visit, and even happier about your good news!

Leslie said...

Wow. This post brought me to tears. I remember the struggles you went through before the IUD and reading this made it all fresh! I adore you and am SO happy for your sweet family! Congratulations!! MUCH LOVE AND PRAYERS!

Bench Family said...

So So glad everything went well in Vegas. Glad you're back! Congrats on #4!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alissa!! Yaaay! I hope you feel better soon... I have a ton of preggie pops I can send you if you want :)

(PS: One of the things I missed most when I was in Arkansas was definitely a Panda Express! We live a block away from one now, take that!)

BrieAnn said...

YAY! There is nothing like seeing the heartbeat for the first time. I felt like I was holding my breath from the time I beheld the positive test to the time I saw a wiggly jiggly beautiful little baby. It was such a juxtaposition from our first pregnancy - finding out that our baby was dead at 12 weeks to having Cora's first ultrasound at 12 weeks - there she was, completely unafraid of letting us know she was in fact growing inside.

I am so thrilled for you.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I hope things continue to go well and that you get feeling better!

Kierst said...

Congrats! I am so excited for your family!

. said...

YEAH! I was wondering when you were going to post about it. I couldn't help but cry as I read through your post...we have both been through so much over the past couple of years trying to conceive. I can't even imagine the pain a miscarriage would cause, and to go through that twice has, I'm sure, made you so much stronger and more prepared for this pregnancy. All we can do is trust in our Heavenly Father that he knows what is best for us, even if it is on a different schedule or plan than what we would like. I wish you all the best and hope the morning sickness doesn't last six months like your previous pregnancy!!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I am praying that everything goes great. I tell Jared and so I am telling you 3rd is the charm. So hopefully I will be joining you soon. Love you!!

Jill Johnson said...

Congrats! Babies are so fun. I had the same ultrasound experience. I had decided that if my pregnancy with Gracie ended in a miscarraige, I was done I couldn't handle the emotions again. I am so excited for you.

Jennie Z said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great news! It sounds like this baby is determined to get to your family. I think that has to be the best story about an IUD. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Congrats!!

Audrey Taylor said...

Alissa, you are so wonderful! I'm very excited for you. It sounds to me that this baby is definately MEANT to be here :)

Chari said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see if you get a boy this time!!!

Castiel Moyes said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you! That is so great!

Hey by the way when you get a minute could you send me your address. I am actually sending out Christmas cards this year and I don't have you address there in Arkansas. my email is moyesjessica@hotmail.com

Lacey said...

I saw your baby counter while you were in Vegas, but didn't want to say anything. I am so happy for you, I hope you are feeling better.

Howe's in Arkansas said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope things keep going well for you guys & that you're feeling 100% again soon!

Unknown said...

Yippee! So glad you finally posted about this!!

Hopefully we will be out there in time to actually meet you! My hubby's interviews are going well and he will probably be flying out next week for the final interview. Keep your fingers crossed.

Take care of yourself!

Erin Ganley said...

Congratulations! I'm very excited for you guys to add to your cute little family. I loved seeing you and Darrell at the funeral. Too bad there wasn't much time to visit. I think of you often and remember our good walks & talks and 2 of my "prize pupils". They are getting big and cuter than ever. Maybe a boy this time?!