Yesterday while at the doctor's office I was waiting for him to come in. You know how it goes, you wait at least 20 minutes and sometimes you are lucky and they come in sooner. I don't know why I don't bring a book to read or something- maybe in hopes I won't have to wait a long time I suppose.
I signed in then was given my ticket to the bathroom- my sticker with my name so I could give them the urine sample which is always a joy. While in the bathroom I notice someone has left their cell phone sitting where you leave your sample. I was wondering how anyone could forget their cell phone, and why would they have set it in the urine holding cell?! I came out of the bathroom and gave the nurses the phone I found, still wondering how anyone can just forget their cell phone. I walked back out to the waiting room and pass the counter where I signed in. There on the counter sat some keys that looked like mine- yep, they were mine. I don't think I've ever just left something just sitting like that. That's what I get for judging cell phone person!
I finally get called back to go in the exam room, but first have to meet with my favorite machine- the scale. I hate that thing!! Then the waiting begins. So being in an OBGYN office there is all kinds of great reading material on the wall, door, cupboards- anything you want to know of the female anatomy- there it is! I had never been in this particular room so my reading material was on menopause. Most things I read I have heard before. Bone loss, stop of ovulation, less hair on scalp, more hair on face- that's lovely huh?!
But the one thing I guess I never thought about was how menopause affects the ladies- meaning the boobs. The poster said they will lose their firmness and sag. I read it again to make sure I read it right. How can they lose anymore firmness then what's already gone- and seriously, is it possible for them to sag anymore?!
Some know I am kind of depressed about my ladies sagging. Not that I have or have had a big nice sized chest. But it was decent. I never thought anything about how the ladies would sag from nursing until I was pregnant with Lexi and my sister Larae pointed out to me how perky I still was- actually she pointed it out to her husband, but I think he would have rather her not do that! I went from a B cup to DD cup after I had Lexi. Once I had nursed for a few months I stayed at a C- I love being a C. I weaned Lexi and got pregnant with Ashlee- didn't know how quick you could get pregnant after weaning a baby! I stayed a C through my pregnancy with Ash, but she wouldn't nurse. I weaned her at 2 months and tragedy hit the Wiser home. Ash had been weaned a few months when I noticed the ladies were looking a little sad. What the heck happened I wondered?! I had been the perfect C cup, and suddenly I was shrinking back to a B, but wait, maybe even a little smaller!! Holy Crap- this isn't fair!! I will say Darrell did not think it was a tragedy- he though I was crazy and was a little too worried about it!
The wonderful push up bra's helped so much! I was a B cup when my ladies weren't hanging out with my belly button- they just needed a little lift! Then I had Carly. Carly like to play tug of war when I nursed her. I swear she could stretch me out at least a foot- then she would let go and make a snap sound- yes I still cringe when I think about it!
Once again I am preparing myself for the joys of nursing. Don't get me wrong- I love nursing my babies- I just wish my ladies could handle it a little better.
So why am I rambling and worried about menopause if they are already saggy? Because if they sag anymore they really will be socializing with my belly button. I worry after I wean this baby when I lay down are each of my ladies going to fall into my armpits?! I know I am way to worried about it, and there are surgeries to fix this problem. I am a wimp, as wimpy as they come. I would not choose to put myself under a knife, when I know there would be a painful recovery. So my solution is to continue with my push up padded bra's the more push up the better. Darrell still thinks I'm too worried about it, but how would he feel if after he fathered each child his testicles hung a little lower, till they were almost to his knee's?! OK, so maybe I am a little dramatic. I just keep telling my self when I am resurrected my ladies will be back- is that vain?!
In America...?
5 months ago

16 comments:
You make me laugh! The sad thing, is that I know just what you are talking about. I just weaned my little Dustin and yes, I am sad to see that C-Cup go. Oh the joys of Womanhood! I have always loved your honesty!!!
I loved reading this post! I'm sure every woman can sympathize. I am only on my first with nursing, but I am about done and wonder where they'll go when I finish. My little girl also loves to play tug of war and it drives me batty. I can't wait to wear a good push up bra again though, enough with the see-through-lack-of-support nursing bra!
socializing with your belly button!? how hilarious.:) getting old will be so fun. i hope we still blog then.
This really cracked me up! You are so funny! I can tell you I am not excited about this part of child rearing :)
Rhett is looking at me funny because I'm laughing so hard. You crack me up - and I totally know how you feel! The one thing I like about being pregnant and nursing is I actually fill out my bra!! All the other times I'm beyond help of the push-up bra!!
I'm anxious to see how the ladies hold up after I wean Cora. I never got huge. I started out at barely an A, and got to a B while pregnant, and when my lactation consultant measured me when Cora was about 6 weeks, I was an A again. I don't know if the fact that I never got to take part in the DD glory will help me out.
I'm definitely planning on a 'get my body back together' surgery if I need one after my childbearing days are through.
Your killing me...that is so terrifying to think that they can sag anymore. I have some size, but would give more than half of that up for some perk-ness. Sigh. Oh the joys....
The thought of that'snap' sound is kinda giving me the willies...lol.
Go get your ladies done honey! Little humans have grown inside you and passed through your loins...recovery from a boob job will be nothing compared to that, not to mention the fact that they give you good drugs! (So good in fact that you won't remember too much :) I know a great doctor, when you decide to do it let me know and I'll send his info your way! It was the best money I've ever spent :)
Wow, considering that I'm the girl who is never bothered by things that sometimes freak women out... I think this may officially have been TMI! You are so funny! Oh, and according to Jonathan, we have being pregnant to blame for any saggage-- contrary to popular opinion, it's the pregnancy that causes things to, um, relax-- not the actual nursing. I know a couple of non-nursing women who can sadly testify to that.
I'm with Tamara. And just remember you'll be perfect in the here after!
Okay I guess I don't remember taklking about your perky boobs, but I believe you because I forget things. How do you not? I leave my keys everywhere. I always have to walk back to the checkstand, the car, the movie theater, the dr's office too.
Don't worry about your boobs. They are right where they need to be. It's called aging gracefully. Who cares if they look like water balloons that have lost a little water, or that they are more long than round. They're beautiful! (not that i've seen yours, your readers probably think you have a crazy sister I'm sure)
Vain? Maybe. Hilarious? Definitely! I know what you mean about those rooms at the Dr. office. John and I both get bothered by the menopause poster too, where the old woman's boob is dissected into different layers. She looks like she's 80 and living in the 1980's! Thanks for the warning on the boob saggage...one more depressing body change to tack onto stretchy stomach. Sigh...it's all worth it in the end right?
Oh my gosh! I'm laughing so hard right now. Alissa, you are hilarious! I always love reading your posts. And sadly, I'm so flat that I couldn't even fill out a B-size nursing bra--and they don't make them smaller than that (but the nursing pads helped a little). But at least when "the girls" are small, they don't sag as much! And thank goodness for padded, push-up bras!! :)
Oh Yeah. It definately gets worse with each baby. The key is really good bras. If I ever find an extra few thousand dollars lying around, I'm all for the tuck and lift.
That is absolutely HILARIOUS and so sad and true-- I just weaned #5 and believe me... it gets worse!!! Its not fair one bit!!! Amen to the padded push up bra-- I just think we ought to invent an air pump of sorts-- just stick it in an pump them up--- wouldn't that be great!!???
You are so funny! Love your frankness. Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment