Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How Do They Know?

The Easter Bunny gave the kids all kinds of good candy, you know Hershey's, Reese's.... But they also every year get a few of the Palmer candy. Every year the Palmer candy is left over and would sit in their baskets for a year if I didn't clean them out. My kids won't eat them! Carly asked if she could have a chocolate yesterday and all that was left in her basket was the Palmer bunny candy. I gave her one, and she informed me it's not real chocolate. She said, "it looks and smells like it, but it's fake yucky kinds."
Obviously I know the difference and would prefer the good stuff over the cheap stuff- but aren't kids suppose to like ALL kinds of candy?! I guess the Easter Bunny will leave the Palmer candy bag at the store next year for a family who has less picky kids! Or, the Easter Bunny could be a little mean and only buy the cheap stuff..... We'll have to see!

7 comments:

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

My kids know the difference, but candy is candy to them. They eat all the good stuff first, then leave the Palmer for last. I honestly don't mind their chocolate if it has crunch in it or the peanut butter, but I still prefer Hershey's!

Stacey said...

Ha Ha Ha! That's funny. I feel the same way about that "fake, yucky chocolate." :)

Janelle said...

I have to agree with Carly! She is funny! But I don't remember being picky when I was a kid! My kids came with taste buds too! What is up with that? Byron just recently started eating hot dogs, before that he would only eat the steak when we had a family bbq! Crazy! And I thought you looked so adorable in the picture of you dyeing eggs with your girls! We're getting close! Yeah!

Audrey Taylor said...

That is hilarious! Carly is a smart one!

Jen said...

Kids are so smart. I can't eat waxy chocolate, either! :)

The Wiser Side said...

Um hello-The Easter bunny should always pick-out the good candy that THEY like! ;o)

Heidi said...

Luckily, we were able to avoid the onslaught of Easter candy this year because of our Disneyland trip. The Easter Bunny actually came early and gave the kids movies to watch on their trip!!