Saturday, May 16, 2009

Does It Have To Be So Difficult?!

We are trying to get all the last things we need for this baby, and one thing we need is a car seat. Darrell and I have very different opinions on what we like in car seats. I look for patterns, colors, durability, and the price is down at the end of the list. Darrell looks at price first, then durability, and could really care less about the colors. We received a car seat stroller combo with Lexi and could use it with Ashlee as well. When we had Carly we had to buy a new one since you are not to use car seats longer then 5 years- and in Las Vegas it's really only 3 years. The hunt for a car seat for Baby Carly started when I was probably around 7 months. We could NOT agree! Finally the day I was getting released from the hospital with Baby Carly, Darrell was in Target with Lexi and Ashlee trying like crazy to find a car seat! We didn't do the whole travel system because I was trying to decide on a double stroller or jogging stroller.
With this baby I decided we were going to find our car seat quickly and be ready for Miss Baylee to come home. I felt really bad that Darrell was running around like a mad man trying to get a car seat so he can pick his wife and new baby up from the hospital! So the search began! I wanted a cute girly seat since this is the last Wiser baby- and it's a girl. Darrell of course didn't like the prices of the really cute ones I loved, and he thought they didn't look quite as durable as the others. It took us a while to agree, but we finally agreed!

Obviously this is NOT a girly car seat- but I still like the colors- very unisex- but still works for a girl. We ordered it and it came in last night! I can't believe we actually got it and have it all put together before the baby is here! Darrell put the stroller all together and I was reading over the booklet to know how to take off the padding to wash it and just the general up keep of it. Carly asked me why I was reading the book that came with the stroller. I told her I was reading it to learn how it works- good quick answer I thought. Her response made me laugh. She said, "You don't have to read the big book, you just push it and it rolls!" So simple and true!!
I promise eventually I will get pictures up of the playroom now that it's done, and of Carly and Baylee's room- I just keep forgetting!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I better start my car seat hunt! Good luck with the delivery of your 4th beautiful daughter! It's fun to check your blog every now and then to see what you're up to.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Since it is unisex in color, maybe it won't be the last Wiser baby after all. You're supposed to use things like that to your benefit. Take Mother's Day for instsnce. Dustin bought me lingere. I simply said," Mother's Day, lingere? Looks like we're having another baby!" He apologized for the lingere. Who gives lingere for Mother's Day? And yes, I realize all your friends are reading this and think I share TMI!

Leslie said...

awesome! love that new car seat smell!

thecustercrew said...

I lucked out with Max. A friend of mine had to get a new one with her last baby and she gave it to me when she was done. It was the perfect price FREE!! I am glad you are all ready for Baylee.