Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!

Repainting Carly's room was super easy. Painting the playroom is my worst nightmare! I am so sore!! I have never painted a ceiling before and have never had to paint slanted walls. I wish I never would have started this project! I usually don't like Darrell to help me paint- I love painting, and the more I do it the better I get. But today I almost cried when he came home on his lunch and changed and helped me paint for an hour! He made my day so much better! Carly has been bored out of her mind today- normally she just plays and sits by the door while I paint. Today she really wanted me to play with her, and I didn't have any idea how long it would take me just to do the first color of paint! But since Darrell helped I am done with the ceiling and slanted walls and now only have the normal straight walls to do green. I can relax and play with Carly now while it dries!! I love my husband!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Ceilings and slanted walls are the worst, I've painted both. I have to agree you are crazy for attempting them pregnant! :) Did you pass out at all from having your arms up for so long? I swear, I can hardly blow dry my hair w/out feeling a little light headed! I hope the straight walls treat you well today! I need to do some painting too, not going to happen before my little girl shows up though! Post pictures when you are done, so I can oooh and ahhh over your hard work!

Lish Fish said...

You are insane for painting when you are prego. You nut. I totally have done it too...What a super Darrell! That is awesome that he was able to help for a bit...gets a little overwhelming. Hang in there!! post pics too!

thecustercrew said...

I hate painting ceilings. It is big taboo to hit the ceiling with something at my house. My kids know they'll get in trouble, because I do not want to have to paint and ceilings.

Jen said...

what a sweet husband!! And are you trying to send yourself into labor or what?!?! :)

Heidi said...

You're brave to paint on your own -I don't have the patience for that! If I didn't hire painters to do our house, all the walls would still be white!

I loved the girls new pictures too - they are beautiful and growing up so fast!!